• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Wabi filtering & heating advise.

Garuf

Does anyone know if their are any filters out there that are smaller than 10cm tall? I'm looking for a tiny internal that I can use to filter the 15x10x60cm's of water at the front of my Wabi, I did consider using my Eden 501 but the intakes aren't long enough to reach the water level so I think an internal is probably the way to go.

Also heating, what are my options? what about a heat mat? I'd considered one but I don't know if they're suitable to heat a tank and water, especially as they don't appear to have a thermostat? Any input is greatly received.

i dont think there are filters that small. you could instead put a small pump in there with a hose running out in to a bucket and have the filter and heater in that bucket???? just a though.

The smallest pumps/filters are those found in dekstop water features.
Hydor do make pico pumps, and they are on ebay regularly >>http://home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=pico&_sacat=20754&_dmpt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&_odkw=&_osacat=20754&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I do have a spare tank I could set up as a sump, but then I might as well make an intake for the eden as it's about the same ammount of work, doesn't really solve the heating problem like a sump would though. I could use the ex700 I've had kicking about and a eth200... Cost is again an issue I'd imagine though, I'm not sure on the cost of a heat mat actually, I suppose it'd probably be about the same as an eth200.
Choices, choices...

or could you insert a false end into the tank (you don't give dimensions but glass wouldn't have to be thick as it'd have equal water pressure on both sides) with blacked out glass to hide a standard heater , lay a small internal down "flat" as it were, and then run tubing out from the filter outlet back into the tank? Have i explained that really badly?
M

Back