• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Macro Photography Lens advice

swackett said:
Wow, just goes to show what can be done with a bit of ingenuity.
You can check out some more here (check last post also): viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2441 ;)
Photos using the Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro Di

Thanks for sharing those, really great pictures.

Just have to save up the money now to get 100mm macro, best price I've seen so far is Jessops at £449

George Farmer said:
Yes, it's shocking to see how much prices have gone up for most lenses over the last few years. :(

But thankfully, If you do invest in the 'better' glass such as L series, they hold their money brilliantly. You'll always get good money back for them.

Saintly said:
But thankfully, If you do invest in the 'better' glass such as L series, they hold their money brilliantly. You'll always get good money back for them.

However at around £750-£850 the 'L' series 100mm macro costs a lot of money and most reviews seem to think the (non-is) lens is better for half the price. I guess the (non-is) will also keep it value based in it's reputation.

swackett said:
most reviews seem to think the (non-is) lens is better for half the price. I guess the (non-is) will also keep it value based in it's reputation.

I wouldn't say so. L glass holds its money fact. non L is cheap. i've bought and sold a lot of lenses and it's the L series glass that gives a good return.

here's to help the fight for canon 65 MP-E :lol:

fly2.jpg

fuscia-1.jpg

rage2.jpg

spidy1.jpg

flower.jpg

planet green rises...

mossymound.jpg

its about shielding the light from the black background (a piece of card.) you need to place a large gap between the subject/light and the back ground. i just use anything that will stop 'spill' an ADA book in this case...

part2-1.jpg

it'll then allow for a deep black background.without PS work

part5.jpg

you can do the 'blue'...like this

IMG_3263-01.jpg

IMG_9744-01.jpg

which'll give you this...

crop1-1.jpg

reallightattempt.jpg

swackett said:
True, but very interesting to read about the techniques you use Mark. ;)

i've not shown everything I do, just the only photos of work in progress. there's a bit more to it, but then showing/writing everything I do would be giving too much away maybe...most would over look it anyway

Back