• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dirty Leaves!

dkm

Hi,

My C. Parva leaves have become very 'dirty' looking but the 'dirt' will not come off easily!

Any ideas?

My water flow is good (approx 10 times per hour), Water column is clear with hardly any suspended particles (that I can see), co2 is 30ppm, lighting is 2 x 150w MH (approx 3.5wpg)

All my other plants have clean looking leaves and this seems to just affect the Parva.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards

Dave

Hi,
With that much lighting it's most likely to be Green Spot Algae (GSA). This is related to an insufficient CO2 level and/or an insufficient PO4 level. The first suspicion should always be poor CO2, but you haven't advised of your dosing regime, so it's not clear.

Cheers,

Thanks for that,

My CO2 is 30ppm and I have checked it in numerous positions throughout the aquarium. It is delivered via a AquaMedic CO2 Reactor.

My fert dosing is TPN+. 50ml day.
Aquarium is 400L.
Lighting is 300w MH. Therefore 3.37WPG to be more precise.
Circulation is 4200LPH.

MMmm. GSA will have a read up on it. Seems to be growing even with this 'dirt / algae'.

Regards

Dave

GSA will not come up on any forum searches (too few characters).
Try the following search terms in google instead:

gsa site:ukaps.org

:)

Nope does not look like GSA at all. The leaves look like they have lots of dark / black 'crud' on them. Cant figure it out.

Dave

Ok.

Tested my phosphate.

Salifert says 1ppm
JBL says >1.8ppm

Dave

Back