• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hover fly in flight

John Starkey

Hi all,i have just received my new 100mm is L macro lens,so straight out into the garden for a little play,crap light over this way today but i still had to have a go,hope you like them first time trying these little things in flight,room for improvement i think,cheers john.

IMG_6962.jpg

IMG_6973.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

and a static one
IMG_6966.jpg

regards,
john.

Oh maaaaan! Blimey John you're spoiling us with these images, though clearly not as much as you're spoiling yourself! How many L's do you have now? Clearly worth the money.

Dan Crawford said:
Oh maaaaan! Blimey John you're spoiling us with these images, though clearly not as much as you're spoiling yourself! How many L's do you have now? Clearly worth the money.

Hi Dan,i have four Ls at the moment,but to be honest whilst its nice to have quality glass i still have to learn how to use it properly,i have always said HAVING THE BEST PAIR OF BOOTS DOSENT MAKE YOU THE BEST PLAYER,as you can see these pics are just ok in my opinion as they are not as sharp as i would like,but that was probably due to the wind which was blowing the poor thing around a bit and me shaking slightly,
cheers,
john.

Graeme Edwards said:
I want a macro!

John, heres a challenge. How about getting a good picture of a silver fish... you know those funny little shinny bugs you find in old wood or under the stairs. There are no more than 3-4mm long.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... 29,r:7,s:0

Cheers.
Dont know if the macro lens i have is good enough,Marks 60mm would be better suited maybe,but watch this space cuz i love a challenge :lol: ,

thanks for looking everyone,
john.

Back