• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NeilW's 30cm Iwagumi - 'Mono'

Re: NeilW's 30cm nano - 'Mono'

Cabinet finally sprayed yesterday :D

Today I been working hard to get everything up and running so will get some pictures up soon.

img2109v.jpg

img2110m.jpg

img2111x.jpg

Cheers very much guys :thumbup: I'm well chuffed with the way it turned out

I'll try and get some pictures up of it all up and running at some point soon. It looks great where all the shrimp have taken up residence in all the caves and holes of the rocks, almost like a system of burrows.

thats a nice cabinet mate. I'm in the process of ordering a piano lacquer black cabinet for my 120cm...

Mark Evans said:
thats a nice cabinet mate. I'm in the process of ordering a piano lacquer black cabinet for my 120cm...

That'll be a mean looking setup :thumbup:

Was it an Aquariums Ltd one or something a bit different?

NeilW said:
Was it an Aquariums Ltd one or something a bit different?
Aquariums Ltd. I've seen one of theirs before and was blown away by it. Just had to have one. Even the wife approves :woot:

Tanks looking sweet BTW Neil. :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
Aquariums Ltd. I've seen one of theirs before and was blown away by it. Just had to have one. Even the wife approves :woot:

Tanks looking sweet BTW Neil. :thumbup:

It's a shame that I got put off by a quote from TGM first when I was trying to sort something for this, I had a reply from Aquariums Ltd too late and it would have been a steal :( Was a shame as I would have gone with it too and had an ADA style in oak for something a bit more unusual.

Still, I'm pretty happy with what I've achieved by making one from scratch, just a shame I wasn't up for any oak veneering :lol:

I will try and get some proper photos up now its filled, but sadly I'm lacking some of your serious SLR skills / gear :lol:

Finally here is a full photo update of the tank filled.

frontxi.jpg

fulllo.jpg

img2123q.jpg

and also a full tank spec;

Hardware

12"x10"x8" opti-white nano
scratch-built MDF ADA style cabinet
Eheim 2232 Ecco 130 (500lph)
ADA glassware - Do!Aqua Violet Glass Mini outflow, ADA NA Mini V-1 inflow
Superfish 11Watt CF
Hydor ETH200 external heater
ADA NA Thermometer J-06 (white)

Flora
Anubias nana 'petite'
Cryptocoryne parva
Cryptocoryne × willisii,
Eleocharis parvula - dwarf hairgrass
Riccardia chamedryfolia - coral pellia
Taxiphyllum sp. - 'mini' spiky moss

Fauna
Stiphodon Goby
Otocinclus
Crystal Red Shrimp
Porcupine Nerite Snail

Substrate
Columbo Flora-Base, ADA Forest Sand Xingu, TGM graded gravels

Hardscape
Ohko Stone, crushed Ohko Stone 'gravel'

Once again I would like to offer a profound thank you to the chaps at PlantedBox.com for the rock that really makes the scape.

As you can see I'm already having some issues but I hope it sorts itself out!
http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12443

Cheers for looking!
Neil

:clap: Straight off the windowsill at the ADA gallery but with your own unique style as well, love it T

nelson said:
simply stunning mate :D .
Cheers mate :D

sanj said:
Very nice Neil, really like it...just i think i would want a bigger tank.
Thank you :thumbup:

Agreed, I would love a bigger tank and one day hopefully it'll be on the cards. This size of tank is great for me at the moment as its easy to find a space for and its easy to move if I have to. Its a bit odd because most people have a nano as a fun side project where as this is my one and only tank :oops:

TBRO said:
:clap: Straight off the windowsill at the ADA gallery but with your own unique style as well, love it T
Thanks for such kind words T! :wideyed:

Back