• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

4-Pin Planted Aquarium Lights

ukco2guy

Hi,

I have just purchased a nice looking 10 gallon tank with a 2.5ft overtank light. I got a good bargain (£10) and would like to get my first Iwagumi started. The light came with a 4 pin F 24 BX/835 which i think is unsuitable for growing a nice scape. I`d like to know if anyone can recommend replacements for it? I have seen a AQUA ONE 24W,Sunlight,4 pin for sale but i cannot see anything better than the aqua one sunlight.

Also can anyone recommend a good place to buy lights as i`m due to replace my T8`s as well.

Shame in a way, i was hoping it would be a T5 but for the money it`s going to be a cheap start.

Cheers,

Hi,

Thanks for that... In all honesty would i really get any benefit out of the Aqua one £15 light vs the 954 on lampspecs? I know Clive discusses how it`s really all about cosmetics and how you wish your tank to visually be displayed but as for plant growth i get the impression that all lights in LFS`s are a con and really offer no more than the cheaper, regular tubes. Please correct me if i`m wrong :)

Cheers,

Here's the biggest con in an LFS. It's even more egregious than £15 light bulbs.
aquarium_salt.jpg

Here's what can be accomplished with a £2.99 Lampspecs light bulb.
The Matrix isn't real.
2041152310038170470S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheers,

Back