• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My litlle 250L garden.

thomas.bham

Hi everyone

My name's Tom, I live in Birmingham.
Before I start, I apologize for my poor English:p
I would like to present my litlle baby.
I set up this tank about 6 months ago and since then had a minor problem with plants conditions but now most of the problems have been solved especially with help of spider72 .

The tank is 250litre 100cm x 40x 60

Lighting: 3 x t5 39W Philips 865 and 1 x arcadia 39W / 9h
filtration: external aquaone 1000, internal 750l/h
Heater: 200W /temp 25 C
fert: macro -dry salts, micro- liquid micro intermag
Co2: 1,5kg bottle, ceramic diffuser and fluval 105 with bio-balls inside as reactor.
I dose fert by improved EI method

All comments are welcome

dsc0748u.jpg

Yeah, of course

Ludwigia inclinata Cuba
Progostemon Stellatus
Rotala Rotundifolia (I think so)
Rotala Green
Blyxa Japonica
Heteranthera zosterifolia
Anubias barteri nana

hope I didn't miss anything:)

Gill said:
very nice, as those smokey blue angels i spy

I don't know to be honest, but had to get rid of them, since they have grew up they starded fight each other.
By the way, I still have one yellow angel, if anybady interested, I would give it for free.

Thats impressive, wish I could produce something like that!

zoon said:
Thats impressive, wish I could produce something like that!

thanks mate, I am sure that you will do one day, with our help as I did.

That tank is gorgeous, but have you considered trying the red plant(rotala?) at the back behind everything? It's just an idea, it looks great as it is

neelhound said:
That tank is gorgeous, but have you considered trying the red plant(rotala?) at the back behind everything? It's just an idea, it looks great as it is

Thanks. I think you mean about Ludwigia repens (red one) just behind the cuba and rolata green and ratundifolia.
Roughly every 2 weeks i have to cut out in half most od the plants, and i don't like throw them away, so I always try to put them in free space in the tank.

oh i have a ludwigia too, i've run out of spots and whenever i throw it away i feel sad, i'll probably start giving it away on here

neelhound said:
oh i have a ludwigia too, i've run out of spots and whenever i throw it away i feel sad, i'll probably start giving it away on here

it a good idea, but i've tried it before on different websides and always plants had time to rot in the bag before anyone replied

bumcrumb said:
lovely mate, thought id pop by and take a look at this tank of yours :lol:
once again sorry for sat but ill see you on sunday or other, :thumbup:

you are welcome, take shrimps with you ;)

Back