• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who's entering the IAPLC 2010 (ADA contest)?

nelson said:
i reckon i've got a good chance of coming last.
maybe 2nd from last :lol: .
Nah I beat you to that, I didn't have the equipment removed from the tank! lol

got this in the mail today from ADA

Dear Contest Participants,

Thank you for your application to our International
Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2010.
Originally we have prepared to make the contest
result announcement at the end of July, but due to
the significant increase in applications, we shall
postpone the announcement on August 10th.

We will send out the contest result to each applicant
by airmail, and publish the result on our iaplc.com
web pages.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this
delay, but we ask you of your patience and understanding
while our staffs try our best to deliver the contest
result as soon as possible.

Surely that goes against the rules, not the having two scapers thing, but that it was a tank used in the tropica publications and on their site? Did we establish if it was just the photo that mattered or if it was the actual scape?

Garuf said:
Surely that goes against the rules, not the having two scapers thing, but that it was a tank used in the tropica publications and on their site? Did we establish if it was just the photo that mattered or if it was the actual scape?
My interpretation is it's just the photo. The photo I submitted has not been made public.

That's fair, does make me wonder why so many people horde their scapes away if that's the case, it only stifles the hobby in my opinion.

Garuf said:
That's fair, does make me wonder why so many people horde their scapes away if that's the case, it only stifles the hobby in my opinion.
Each to their own. It's their 'scape and if they don't to make it public early, it's their choice. Folk have different motives for their hobby. For some it's more a personal journey and the reason they enter contests may be for different reasons than the rest of us who prefer the public eye. I don't hold it against 'them' and I don't think it stifles the hobby. There's more than enough talent about that are willing to share. Take Mark Evans for instance.

Anyway, Gareth, speaking of 'hording', I don't think I've seen any of your final aquascape shots! :lol:

I just got a results letter through the door, and was 457th ! I'm rather pleased with that considering how poor the final photograph was :oops: A lesson learnt in not leaving the photo until deadline day :lol:

I've been away for a while with alot of other stuff going, but hope to be back on the forum a bit more now ( and updating the journals too :oops: ) :D :D :D

Tony

I also got my ADA results back today, and have to say i am fairly pleased! I entered my little nano just for the experience and i got position 997! Not bad for my first attempt.

Hurray i didn't come last!

Well done to Tonser and the rest of you!

Fair play to you Luis.
I remember you getting your nano and saying you were gonna set it up and enter it a few weeks later no matter what.
Great attitude mate :thumbup: :clap:

Piece-of-fish said:
Tony's 457th is the best from UK by the way :(
Come on people, i am sure you can do much better than that...
And take it more seriuosly.

http://en.iaplc.com/results10/results10.html
Thanks for the positivity... :?

Let's see how you do in the IAPLC in 2011, shall we, especially as you'll no doubt be taking it very seriously...? :D

Reading the posts where people say they dont take the equipment out for the photo. Whats the point of participating then? Looks like people competing who is going to come last.
The post was not written with bad intentions but looks like you took it personally George?
Where are the guys who scored high last year yourself including?
Would be a pleasure to see couple guys in the top 100.

Piece-of-fish said:
Congratulations to Pavel Bautin from Russia for winning the grand prize.
is this the first time someone outside of asia/far east has won ?.

Probably yes Neil. Its a huge surprise and i am really tempted to see the photos asap. But there are only 2 people this year in top 27 who are not from Asia though.

Back