• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Water Leaking Back From Bubble Counter

jimmy james

After the uncontrollable escape of co2 from my last post i have now managed to set up the system. Got it working fine then turned off the co2 supply last night. This morning the water has leaked back from the bubble counter and filled the non return valve below it. Any ideas why? I'm begining to think i should have just stuck with good old easy carbo!

Not sure if its gone past the non return valve because the connecting hose to the co2 is black. Should i top up the bubble counter? What happens if the water has gone past the non return valve?

jimmy james said:
Not sure if its gone past the non return valve because the connecting hose to the co2 is black. Should i top up the bubble counter? What happens if the water has gone past the non return valve?

If you are unsure if it has gone past the valve, disconect the hose where it atches to your reg and check for water. What kind of bubble counter you got?? They all need water to some degree. A picture of the co2 setup would proberly help. Is the valve the right way round? does co2 come on defuser when your running it?

If water reaches the regulator it can cause problems such as, sticking, corousion, Exspensive damages full stop.

:thumbup:
Yours
Chilled

co2 kit was from dennerle, i broke the original counter, this one is from TMC. the valve has the chamfered end at the bottom which leads from the co2 supply.I'll add a photo shortly.

I've never found those glass non-return valves to be particularly efficient. When your CO2 comes on again in the morning it should push the water back up.

The point of the non-return valve is to stop water reaching your regulator (which would damage it), so if you think the water is going past the non-return valve get another valve - you can always have two inline, so you can keep your existing one and put an uglier cheaper plastic one between the current one and the regulator.

That kit works great once you've got it set up and working, so don't give up.

Mark

PS do you have a solenoid, or or you running 24 hours, or are you trying to turn the CO2 off manually at night? The regulator with that kit is only really suitable for the first two options, as you'd have to reset the bubble count every day, and it would never be the same.

i myself dont think there is much to worry about, Once the co2 gets turned on the water will return back into the bubble counter. I have a feeling the water droping into the one way valve is normal for that kind of bubble checker? Dont quote me on this. Hopefully someone who uses this bubble counter will pop along by this thred. Im feeling quiet confident that its normal thou. The one way valve is doing its job by the looks of things.

:D
Yours
Chilled

vauxhallmark said:
I've never found those glass non-return valves to be particularly efficient. When your CO2 comes on again in the morning it should push the water back up.

The point of the non-return valve is to stop water reaching your regulator (which would damage it), so if you think the water is going past the non-return valve get another valve - you can always have two inline, so you can keep your existing one and put an uglier cheaper plastic one between the current one and the regulator.

That kit works great once you've got it set up and working, so don't give up.

Mark

PS do you have a solenoid, or or you running 24 hours, or are you trying to turn the CO2 off manually at night? The regulator with that kit is only really suitable for the first two options, as you'd have to reset the bubble count every day, and it would never be the same.

:( Boo Hoo lol I was writeing my opinions and when i posted discoverd i was beaten to the point lol. Well at least i was pointing in the right direction looking at your reply mate. :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice, i've just recieved a solenoid throught the post so i'll set that up and see what happens.

Back