• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish online??

If your looking for a decent shoal, its worth talking to your LFS as they generally give you a better price the more you buy. The savings buying fish mail order are often counter acted by the postage costs.

Plus you get to see how healthy they are.
I recently bought a large shoal of fish approx. 30 and got them for a £1 less per fish than they were on sale for.

andyh said:
If your looking for a decent shoal, its worth talking to your LFS as they generally give you a better price the more you buy. The savings buying fish mail order are often counter acted by the postage costs.

I recently bought a large shoal of fish approx. 30 and got them for a £1 less per fish than they were on sale for.

Realy, Not round my area they dont, I tryed and got rejected, And i was after 50 :(

chilled84 said:
andyh said:

Realy, Not round my area they dont, I tryed and got rejected, And i was after 50 :(

No way! Thats rubbish!
Have you ever tried aquarists classified website, quite regularly people sell fish on there, saw 50 Cardinals go on last weekend at a pound a fish which is a bargain.

andyh said:
chilled84 said:
andyh said:

No way! Thats rubbish!
Have you ever tried aquarists classified website, quite regularly people sell fish on there, saw 50 Cardinals go on last weekend at a pound a fish which is a bargain.

Yeah, once again, Never in my area.

does seem a little excessive moving house just to get a better price on a shoal of rummy noses! LOL

Devon is great, had a quick break in Newton Abbot/Dartmouth a few months ago! Really nice!

andyh said:
does seem a little excessive moving house just to get a better price on a shoal of rummy noses! LOL

Devon is great, had a quick break in Newton Abbot/Dartmouth a few months ago! Really nice!

I live more south, Im right next to the sea here. Wembury beach way. :thumbup:

Talk to Monty at Trimar. He ships fish but while they're not the cheapest they are very good quality and you generally get what you pay for - cheap fish are often end up costing you more when you have to replace the dead ones! As he's in Cornwall surely you'd be able to go and pay him a visit. I hear the shop's a real Alladin's Cave, small but full of amazing stuff!

Flyfisherman said:
Chilly

As ed states talk to Monty at Trimar in Cornwall, Monty is very helpful and will advise you on anything aquatic - I bought my substrate from them, Cheaper than anywhere else in the country.

Email: monty@trimar.co.uk
Tel. 01209 713639
http://www.tropicalfish.org.uk/index.htm

Here is your shortcut to fish stocks:
http://www.tropicalfish.org.uk/tropical_stock_list.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards
Paul.

Im on it. Thanks mate. They are exspensive. Your not kidding!

Back