• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Trip to Holland - Vivarium 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Crawford

Founder
UKAPS Team
Hi Folks, after the success of our visit earlier this year UKAPS have asked to attend Viviarium 2011.

We are proposing that this year we take a minibus over. Last time Graeme, Stu and I went over in my car but we recon it'll be a great laugh if we all pile into a minibus and make a road trip out of it!

The show will be in February next year. We need to chat to the organisers about local accommodation and look at minibus hire and travel etc but if you're interested please put your name down here.

Anyone is welcome, it's a great excuse to meet up, it's a great show and it'll be a great laugh i'm sure.

SteveUK said:
Always up for a road trip, if I have the funds! Who knows, I might be more active on the forum again by then! :lol:

I did almost start a thread, What happend to Steveuk? :lol:

I would love to be involved, as i couldnt in the end this yr

My parents own a mini bus and a van with workmens seats I could ask if they'd be able to be borrowed?

Awesome! At this rate we'll need a coach :lol:

UKAPS will be paying for the vehicle hire and travel so you'll just have to fund your own accommodation.

We need as many tanks a possible for the stand, established aquascapes. We have a few between us, like the ones we've used for the festival etc so if you're serious about coming then I can give you the equipment and a tank to scape up in advance. Aquafleur/Aquadistri sponsor the whole event so i'll see if their wonderful, kind, generous MD will be able to help out ;)

he he, this is gonna be awesome :thumbup:

It'd work out at 21 people including 2 insured drivers. They should be okay with it unless there's a massive date clash, they lend them out to my brothers gf's family all the time.

Great to see such enthousiasm! :thumbup:

One small correction though, as the show is in March (the weekend of the 26th and 27th) and not in February.

I will keep you all posted on the preparations of the coming show (and aquascaping competition!!!) in our sponsor forum.

Dan Crawford said:
Awesome! At this rate we'll need a coach :lol: We need as many tanks a possible for the stand, established aquascapes. We have a few between us, like the ones we've used for the festival etc so if you're serious about coming then I can give you the equipment and a tank to scape up in advance. Aquafleur/Aquadistri sponsor the whole event so i'll see if their wonderful, kind, generous MD will be able to help out ;)

Count me in for this Dan!!! Would be happy to pop over and get everthing if and when available. would prefer something small-ish if poss though.

Sam

NNOOoooooo :(

I had such a good time at vivarium 2009. Such a good trip, great show and learnt a lot from giving the demos with dan and graeame. I would have been 100% up for this new trip but im photographing a wedding on the 26th March next year. So upset I cant go :arghh: :(

That's bad timing Stu! Standard the last weekend of March is Vivarium time!

By the way, I can't remember to haveseen you back in 2009 ;)

Vivarium said:
That's bad timing Stu! Standard the last weekend of March is Vivarium time!

By the way, I can't remember to haveseen you back in 2009 ;)
Very bad timing on my behalf :( Ill ask the bride if she fancies getting married the week after :lol:

Ah yes, we weren't there in 2009! Im skipping a year behind 2010 before its already finished!

I even grew some new hair and a beard when I was there...

26508_390848468552_746613552_3889725_1837467_n.jpg

Seriously though we had a great weekend and its something that ukaps member should seriously consider doing next march. Great company, great show, great hosts and i learned loads whilst there too.

The green goatie there pal. I knew It would look good on you.

It was a brilliant show, how hobby shows should be. Me, Dan and Stu got overly excited about the whole event. Marko and his team where so nice to us and so welcoming. Some of his team are now on the forum too. Great bunch of people.

If you can, and you can afford to take part ( it shouldnt cost much ) then please, please considor showing your support for Ukaps, and Vivarium 2011.

We are friendly and easy to get on with, so there would be no need to be shy. We like to have a laugh and the schedual is tough, but its a good crack.

Cheers.

Please count me in :thumbup:
I'm happy to get stuck in with any prep work beforehand as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back