• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Options to extend CO2 hose

Voo

Hi Guys,

It's proving difficult to find a reasonably priced CO2 around here, so i'm considering using larger cylinders. However, rather than having the cylinder next to the tank i was wondering what my options for keeping it on the other side of the wall would be. It'd be in the outside shed (would the temperature in winter affect the cylinder?), so i'd like to have a hose come through the wall so that i can connect the regulator underneath the tank to allow me to see the gauges from inside (rather than having them attached to the cylinder).

I thought i could use something like this but not sure how well the regulator would fit onto that connection.

My other alternative is to keep the regulator on the cylinder, but it'd be harder for me to tell when it's empty. I do have a bubble counter, but it's usually off by the time i get home.

Anyone got any ideas, or could tell me what they've done with cylinders that aren't near to the tank please?

i dont think you will be able to do this with just hose. the pressure in the bottle is 50 bar, the hose would need to be that strong if its before the reg, or it will just burst. the whole point of the reg is to reduce the pressure to some thing that can be worked with.it might be possible to get a second more sensitive reg, in the house that could tell the the pressure in the hose between the 2. good luck.

Hmm didn't consider that. Other hoses can take up to 20 bar, so it'd need some kind of regulator.

It's looking like my best option is to have rather long CO2 tubing with the regulator on the cylinder. Annoying though, as i wont see the pressure often. :(

I agree your best option is to keep the reg on the bottle and have a long piece of hose. On the bright side a larger bottle means you won't have to worry about checking it so often! The temperature would affect the cyclinder, I don't know the limits but I'm pretty sure that too high a temperature would not be good. This PDF for a 2KG fire extinguisher says -20 - 60 C is the temp range.
http://www.expressfire.com/TITAN 2kg CO2.pdf
Obviously the range would depend on your particular cylinder so please don't assume these values would be fine for whatever cylinder you have.

Tank is 400l.

I've asked the local BOC, they're charging £10 for 6kg + £5 a month rent, then £11 to collect it. Local Air products supplier works out at £25 for 6kg + £85 rent a year. Only place i could find to refill FE's is £20 a cylinder, hardly worth getting them refilled. So not really sure where i'd get the larger tanks from yet, i was just working out my options.

i think thats about the best you can get i rang loads of places turns out most just use boc then add a bit of of a profit. as you can see my bottle is huge and they wouldn't even deliver it, took 2 of use to carry it in to my house. but its so cheap i got fes filled for a tenner but was using them in just over 2 weeks. im about to set up co2 for my nano so ll use them on that.

Back