• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Temple- 3l pico

neelhound

Okay so i'm in singapore at the moment and I bought a few things for starting a pico tank

I bought a couple of clip-on lights, but ill probably use the LED one as i might go for low tech
IMG_0843.jpg

I bought a tank that only cost $8, which is about £3.70. I also bought a carved granite statue.
IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

I'm planning on using a nutrient rich substrate. I will also try and find some rocks to match. I haven't decided on the plants but it'll proabbly include moss.
Thanks

I really like the idea. That's the sort of thing that needs algae on it. Hope you stick with it, cos it will look really good after a year or two.

How are you liking Singapore? Have you been to the Botanical Gardens yet? One of the best in the world.

R

Thanks, and yes I have a long time ago, I used to live in singapore, its also very good for buying fishkeeping tools/fish. And aquatic plants are also incredibly cheap. I wish i could bring fish and plants back haha :(

Yeah, I lived in Malaysia for a couple of years. I used to catch all the fish I kept from the local rivers. I caught Needle fish on Tioman. They were amazing to look at and I have never seen them for sale anywhere.

I saw my first planted tank at in KL. There is an amazing aquatics shop there.

Nice, I grew up in singapore (and still have a singapore passport now) and used to catch endlers from drains. One net would get you about 100.

fair enough... when I read moss I instantly started thinking of a moss wall creeping over the rock fragment like a little glimpse of a lost temple. have you had any luck finding other rocks to match?

No not yet, ill probably just leave it. I saw a malaysian website selling some creeping plant that hangs over rocks and if i see find it i might get it

my only worry is room temperature may be too low for the cryp

Back