• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp getting enough food?

Tom

How do you tell if Cherry Shrimp are getting enough food? My tank is only maybe 4 days old, and there is no algae. Its 10 liters and I have 27 shrimp (£6 bargain!)

I put in one of the shrimp pellets that came with the tank, and they haven't touched it. It just went to mush and they left it alone. They are picking up the individual pieces of sand and combing the rocks, so I am assuming they are finding something!! There are several shells around, so they are malting fine. There just doesn't look to be anything there for them!

Tom

Try some fish food mate, mine love TetraPro Crisp.

Give em a few days and eventuallly they will eat. Now when I put food into the tank, all my shrimps race to the front to claim their food :)

Hi all,
If you are worried about them not eating, put in some dead leaves (Oak are good), and some vegetable (I use courgette).

I'd be more concerned about water quality, I would make sure that there are a lot of plants in the tank? and do a regular water change (I'd change 5 litres a day until the tank has stabilised), even if I had active biological media from another filter?

cheers Darrel

Back