• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Exam results

9 is the standard, 5 A*-C to get into college...I was supposed to be doing 12, but IT- bleh.

there is alsorts now, things like citizenship, the option to do 3 gcse's in science (core, adittional and tripple) some schools make RE mandatory also. at my school you can also do things like NVQ's and a media diploma. i done a hospitality and catering qualification at a near by college one day a week and apperently thats worth 5 GCSE's A-C.

Yeah, I did triple science - which came with statistics, so that was one extra, then there was RE, and then there would have been an extra IT GCSE.

cheesy feet said:
9 is the standard, 5 A*-C to get into college...I was supposed to be doing 12, but IT- bleh.

Yep I managed to get into sixth form with those. Some people did GNVQs in business or health and social care. We had some RE but only in year 9, and PSE or something. The one they teach you the dangers or smoking, sex and drugs. Was far too late for most of the people at my state school!

It's good you have a bit of choice and can do more science. I would recommend anyone who is planning to do A-levels should look at what they might fancy doing at uni, if you want to go, and check to see what requirements they have. I know a few people who couldn't do what they wanted because they didn't choose the right A levels.

If I do go to Uni I will be doing zoology, or zoo biology, or marine biology/similar, so my chem & biology A levels; provided I don't fail, will come in handy.

Back