• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' THE BIG STRIP

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock'i love purple

Mark Evans said:
here's a video showing my latest additions of flying foxes, thinking their rummy nose tetras :lol: ...up and down up and down...

http://www.vimeo.com/14157173

The shrimp are hiding due to being pestered by the gouramis :twisted:

Thouse flying fox go massive lol. Mine is such a pig! good luck mark! lol I love your vids. :thumbup:

chilled84 said:
Thouse flying fox go massive lol

I think i've got the wrong ones. The black stripe doesn't go through the whole tail.

chilled84 said:
lol I love your vids. :thumbup:

i've 'drained' this tank of vids I reckon. not much else to do with it. :lol:

cheers George. The colours are drawing me towards maybe, a different kind of planted tank. not necessarily a Dutch themed tank, but Dutch flavours mixed with nature influences.... o_O make sense?....

In an ADA mag I have, Amano touches on something similar to what's in my head, probably the most unusual tank i've seen from the great man. I'd like to emulate it, but with different plants.

BTW, these fish are the happiest i've ever kept....lower co2 levels?.... :geek:

well, the time has come. I've filled the 'gap' from stripping the old tank down, going on holiday etc. and now i can concentrate on the next fully planted tank.

The next couple of weeks should see me gathering what I need. I have the stone, substrate and the likes. I just need a planting theme. Maybe you've guessed what I'm doing?....Iwagumi :D

I think it's maybe my strongest part of aquascaping and i've never done the Gumi i've always wanted to do.

I may go down this road again...

_MG_1027-01.jpg

and get it right this time :oops:

so, this is now officially closed :thumbup:

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' Time to move on.

:clap:
:D

I think it's maybe my strongest part of aquascaping and i've never done the Gumi i've always wanted to do.

I may go down this road again...

Hell yeah! :twisted:

Cannot wait for this. Its always been one of my wants too, But im not done with my scape just yet :thumbup:

Do it, do it, DO IT. But seriosly the gumi looks awsome.

Krish's Bettas said:
But seriosly the gumi looks awsome.

it was ok. I had some real issues with the setup. to this day i'm not sure went wrong.

The planting was a bit 'mad' to. I'm confident the next time around though.

chilled84 said:
Hell yeah! :twisted:

:lol:

cheers hijac.

As this is for the IAPLAC 2011, I may follow suit and keep it under wraps. especially with the fiasco of 2010 comp.

Thanks to everyone for the support :thumbup:

see you soon.

samc said:
i can imagine it will be a more complex layout than the previous one.

Definitely mate :D ...but not too complex

viktorlantos said:
hey Mark, can't wait to see the new baby ;) Good luck to the next layout. :thumbup:

cheers my friend.

It may be a while until you see though. having most of my last tanks plastered all over the tinterweb, non of my previous tanks are eligible for submission to IAPLC. I don't want to take that chance with this one. bummer eh?....

Hi Mark,
even for IAPLC it is ok as long as the final shot is looking different from the ones the participant maybe posted before in a local community. To go sure you could only post angle shots or detail shots only.

Mark Evans said:
As this is for the IAPLAC 2011, I may follow suit and keep it under wraps. especially with the fiasco of 2010 comp.

What happened?

stripping time.

I've done it in such away, I don't have to take the substrate out.

fish and plants removed.

4-4.jpg

siphoning the sand

3-6.jpg

remove stones and pebbles.

2-6.jpg

finally, remove big stones and leave substrate.

1-7.jpg

The tank doesn't need a clean, as it's just as clean as it was 8 weeks or so ago.I might add a bit of water to get the remaining gravel out, or i may just leave it in there.

All done!

in about 1hour 30, i've stripped it down, emptied it, took fish back, refilled with soil and done hardscape. 8)

samc said:
will be be seeing the new hardscape mark? what stone have you used?

I'm covering old ground Sam. I cant move on until i've other things done correctly.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12781

I'll look at it like amano does. Plants the same hardcsape but with different plants.

I really like the layout, just now need to see it through and not make a hash of it.

Back