• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Velcro strap to replace gaffa tape?

neelhound

Does anyone use something like a velcro strap to replace the gaffa tape that holds the Fire extinguisher handles together? If so do you know where I could get one? thanks

Hi all

Where I have my FE refilled they use a very thick or stout "O" ring - squeeze the handles together and slide to "O" ring over the two handles.

Regards
Paul

Thanks, i think i should use those velcro straps but I'm not 100% sure as i haven't come across anyone else using them, they may not be strong enough. Tie wraps have to be disposed each time i think, which is why I was put off gaffa tape. The o-ring idea sounds good though, but i'm just curious to see if anyone use velcro straps

Hi neelhound
neelhound said:
Tie wraps have to be disposed each time i think,
You are indeed correct :D
I use cable ties too, in fact I use 2 just to make sure :lol:
Like these, Cable ties at £2.95 for 100.
At my current CO2 consumption rate (about 2kg per 2 months), I use 12 cable ties a year, so a packet of 100 will last me 8 years + :D
I think I can live with that :thumbup:

You can buy reusable tie wraps im not with my pc so i cant find a link but they are out there

CeeJay said:
Hi neelhound
neelhound said:
Tie wraps have to be disposed each time i think,
You are indeed correct :D
I use cable ties too, in fact I use 2 just to make sure :lol:
Like these, Cable ties at £2.95 for 100.
At my current CO2 consumption rate (about 2kg per 2 months), I use 12 cable ties a year, so a packet of 100 will last me 8 years + :D
I think I can live with that :thumbup:

:text-+1: (but I got mine for even cheaper than Chris :p )

Thanks for the help, I'll check my local hardware store for cable ties as they are clearly very cheap and easy to cut off :)
I think I'll also look for a special foam to check for gas leaks, I know soapy water can be used but I'll probably get it if it's cheap. Anybody used them?

mp3 case armband matey. 99p on the market. Use the case or throw it away.

AC

Back