• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano's Complete Works book

Tom

Has anyone got Amano's Complete Works book? I've got the 3 NA World books, but I'm finding I much prefer the more up-to-date style and photography. I just wondered what it was like? Is it worth getting as well as the older NA World books, or does it just repeat what is already published with some newer scapes put on the end?

Tom

I like it - it has some great images and is nicely printed with accompanying details about the tank setup, ferts, co2, lighting etc etc. I just prefer the more current style of Nature Aquarium. That book is from quite early on and the examples are quite different from what is being produced now. Definitely worth having though.

Tom

Sweet, cheers Tom. I'm sure it'll be great, but if its not to my taste I'm sure it'll be easy to find a more appreciative owner on here.

I guessed as its the first one then it would be covering new ground so would be more indepth than the others in background info? Does it have many shots of his inspiration from nature too or would that be in another book?

I had looked at the book, but with it being in Japanese it kinda put me off. It is great to look at the pics, but it is even nicer to understand what is written on it. :)

A quick look on the net found me "Naturaquarien: Das komplette Werk 1985 - 2009"
Takashi Amano; Perfect Paperback

For a modest £30 they are selling it on Amazon.

Just ordered on, with the help of a German dictionary it will be easier to understand than japanese. :)

PM said:
I really don't get why they don't just do it in flippin English!!!!

there's a few AJ's that would be good translated, but after all, It's the images that teach us the lessons. I've learned more from looking at images than any text could teach me.

Mark Evans said:
PM said:
I really don't get why they don't just do it in flippin English!!!!

there's a few AJ's that would be good translated, but after all, It's the images that teach us the lessons. I've learned more from looking at images than any text could teach me.

I have to disagree.. The images will not tell me what light periods are being used, the plants, and other little things, such as the fish names. For some pro's the images are enough, but I am not at that level yet, hence why I am happy that I managed to obtain a book not in Japanese.

ghostsword said:
I have to disagree.. The images will not tell me what light periods are being used, the plants, and other little things, such as the fish names. For some pro's the images are enough, but I am not at that level yet, hence why I am happy that I managed to obtain a book not in Japanese.

I think you'll find The books give you this data....in English, if you look. You understand the basics of how long your lights should be on, no? :D

The artistic bit isn't reserved for 'pros' as you put it. we all have eyes ;)

Hi got the three nature books, and the few Aquajournals in english, but the more information I get the better right?

I am sure that to pull a good aquascape is not just mimicking what we see on the pictures, I need to understand what I am doing and why, and that will only come from experience, which I do not have yet. :)

Regarding light duration, it all depends of what sort of plants we have, the CO2 and ferts being dosed into the tank, at least that I have learnt from the many posts here and from experience. :D

I rather have this book in a language that I can translate, and anything but chines and japanese will be easier.

:)

Back