• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which is the quietest 1200: JBL, AO, TT or AM?

Whitebeam said:
Eheim 2026 from the site that she posted a link to for £105. No media, but I'm first off transferring the old media from my Juwel filter and I have some extra filter sponge and ceramic media etc in the cupboard anyway.
I dont beleeeve it! I've just got an email from them saying that theyre out of stock and can't get any more. Back on the search again :mad:

Peter

Lol. I paid £75 for that 2224 inc shipping. I've just sold the spray bar, outlet, and inlet pipes individually for a fiver each on ebay. lol (buy it now and snapped up.) waiting for the strainer to go now and that'll be a nice round £20 plus pastage in my pocket :)

So now its only cost me £60 :rofl: These Eheim owners are so in love with their brand they have to have garish green pipe and hose with bright white Eheim all along it. lol

AC

Whitebeam said:
I dont beleeeve it! I've just got an email from them saying that theyre out of stock and can't get any more. Back on the search again :mad:

Peter
Unfortunately that did sound a little too good to be true. The Pro II (2026 and 2028) was replaced by the Pro III a while ago now, and any Pro II's are just the remaining stock. Most retailers have put the price UP because rather than trying to clear the old stock, many people still want a Pro II badly enough that they'll pay almost anything. You'd think that might have given Eheim the hint...

If you didn't care about the bells and whistles, I would recommend the Eheim Classic 2215 or 2217 because they easily fit your budget. But if I'm honest I've never found the Classic to be as quiet as any of the Pros. Still very quiet, mind you, but definitely more of a buzz when right next to it.

Of the filters in the OP I would probably go for the JBL. I can't remember reading any strong negative reviews about them or hearing any horror stories.

Gfish said:
Ive recently put my 2028 up for sale. Great filter and its running on the tank and long matured. And yes, its quiet as a mouse.
Drat - in between my post and checking back here just now I've ordered a Pro3 model. Hey ho - thanks for the offer.

Gfish said:
Call me if you have any questions, we'll make it work easy. Collection/meetup/post, I don't mind :)

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12828
Curious - I've clicked on your link, but it says that I'm not authorised to read that forum.

Peter

bump this thread twice and you will reach 25 posts. That maybe the magic number :)

AC

No. I seem to recall there being a postcount to stop someone from coming on. posting then bumping a couple of times just to sell stuff :) 25 seems to ring a bell. Obvs if someone comes on posts 25 for the sake posts they are going to be banned. lol

AC

Hi,

I don't understand whats going on, I only pasted the link to make it easy for you, but look in the For Sale section and you'll find my ad for the Pro 2.
Or PM me, or email me gavinh70@googlemail.com

Cheers

Gavin

Gfish said:
I don't understand whats going on, I only pasted the link to make it easy for you, but look in the For Sale section and you'll find my ad for the Pro 2.
The messages above explain why I couldn't see the 'For Sale' section. Hopefully after this post I will be able to explore the hidden delights that lay within ;)

Peter

Back