• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

eheim 2128 heater fault

B4M

Hi,

The internal heater or control unit for the heater in my Eheim 2128 filter is faulty. It sticks on and after losing some fish a while back I'd been using an internal heater.
I'd like to get rid of the internal heater and the filter is still in warranty. However when I originally contacted Eheim they asked that I return the filter to Germany, as that wasn't practical I didn't.
I purchased the filter mail order so returning it to the dealer isn't very easy either and I don't want to run my tank without a filter even if just for a week while they receive mine and send replacement (assuming it was that quick). Also I guess I'd be liable for postage which wouldn't be cheap?
What are my options? Is it just a lesson not to buy a large essential item like a filter mail order?

Thanks,

B4M

from what i understand you can purchase the heater unit and control as spares, cant you ask them to provide them and fit them yourself. Have you contacted the shop were you bought it from rather than ehiem?

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion I've contacted the dealer (zooplus) and I'll see what they say. Fingers crossed they may be more practical than Eheim.

B4M

Well Zooplus have agreed to arrange collection of filter and return to Eheim Germany. However they say it will be 7 to 8 weeks before I'd have it back. Buy an inline heater or spend as much if not more on a cheap external to get me by...?

B4M

Personally, I have an internal filter which I keep for back up situations. It's one of the fluval u series and it has real
Media. Could be worth looking into?

Trouble is my CO2 is through an external inline reactor.

Back