• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moved House - The Restart

altaaffe

Just thought I'd drop in and say hello again.

I moved job last October and was in temp accomodation for 4 months, bought my new house now and set up my latest tank project. Stripped each of my other tanks down bit by bit but then had to do one big move due to timescales. Unfortunately, I lost most of the plants I was going to use to scape a couple of the tanks, including about 2 square metres of Staurogyne that was prepared ready for the new tanks.

Tanks delivered and in place:
2010_0207NewHouse0004.jpg

Heres' a shot of the tanks temporarily set-up, I had multiple heater failures on a tank which put a delay on things, hence the loss of plants as they took a back seat to the fish.
2010_0222NewHouse0012.jpg

This is a low tech set-up with the water cycling between the two tanks:
2010_0222NewHouse0011.jpg

and this is my two African tanks, again linked
2010_0222NewHouse0008.jpg

Re: Moved House - Hello Again

chilled84 said:
welcome back my friend, Cannot beleave you lost your starogyne! :shifty: :woot:

Thanks for the welcome back.

Yeah, unfortunatley, with the fish dramas, I didn't have the time to get planting it on the weekend I moved it and it melted very fast after I left it floating at the top of a tank.

As for the tanks, I had 9 running at the old house and only 2 of those will continue in the new house. Those shown here are 4 brand new tanks all 6x2x2 ft. Been hard work but I love this room already though.

Re: Moved House - Hello Again

altaaffe said:
chilled84 said:
welcome back my friend, Cannot beleave you lost your starogyne! :shifty: :woot:

Thanks for the welcome back.

Yeah, unfortunatley, with the fish dramas, I didn't have the time to get planting it on the weekend I moved it and it melted very fast after I left it floating at the top of a tank.

As for the tanks, I had 9 running at the old house and only 2 of those will continue in the new house. Those shown here are 4 brand new tanks all 6x2x2 ft. Been hard work but I love this room already though.

you are very lucky to have the funds and to be able to have that many at once, im aloud one, any more and i would would be dead lol mrs would kill me lol.

As requested by Paulo, a couple of updated pic on my tanks.

This was the way my planted set-up went, the rocks I just threw in before planting and I kind of like where they anded up once the dust settled so they've stayed there:
Mid April:
2010_0411house0005.jpg

Growing in:
180g.jpg

And a week ago, got a few plants on the way - I didn't like the way the ludwigia was growing in the back corner. I'm really looking for something to go wild and hide the pump and pipe. I've got a larger root to put in there with Anubias and fern too.
2010_0829hitechnParker0004.jpg

It does need a few weeks of TLC though.

And then I do have this one over the other side, currently a 2 metre grow out tank for my C.Moori, the other 2 in this shot are Africans too.
2010_0531lampsfish0010.jpg

Thanks for the photos, that is looking very impressive and nice healthy plant growth, it will look awesome in a couple of months :) keep us posted and wish I had the space for something like this!!! ;)

Yep, these are all amazing and you are very lucky to have the space for all those tanks! It is a real shame about the plant's though, but you seem to be replenishing them well!!!

Thanks all.

I was in a quandry as to what to do with the 700 litre tank on it's own. I have a load of C.Moori fry in there just now and was intending in keeping my adults in there with a few fry but I have recently had requests for Syno Mutipunctatus so the dolphins are back in with the cats.

Was thinking about another planted with perhaps angels or discus but the lure of a Jaguar is also there.

Back