• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

anyone used thinner hose?

chrisfraser05

I've been looking at sources of clear hose for my new setup and all the suppliers I've found do the hose with an internal diameter of 16mm but the outer is 19mm.

Has anyone used hose with these dimentions and have you had any probs?

Cheers, chris

As long as there's a tight fit at your connections, then I wouldn't give it to much thought. If anything, it will increase pressure and give greater speed of water movement at the exit point of the filter hose.

Cheers.

Hi Chris,

I guess what you are saying is the internal diameter is 16mm like it is supposed to be but, the wall thickness is only 1.5mm instead of 3mm. I thought the same and was worried that the hose gripping/locking nut would not grip the hose since the outside diameter is smaller.

If its a worry using 16/19mm, I managed to get some 16/22mm clear hosing from a supplier.

I guess I cant mention the name on the open forum due to being non sponsor but I will send you a PM with the details.

They were quick to dispatch and arrived quickly.

Regards

Dave

Back