• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How many Harlequins for a 275litre?

robbkit

Seedling
Howdy

how many Harlequins should I get for my 1m long, 50cm wide and 70cm deep tank? There are 5 neon green aeneus corys, about 12 amano shrimp and 4 oap cardinals in there at the moment. I want a calm shoal of fish that wont disrupt my newly found balance in which the plants are growing (tank set up for 18 months)

would I be better off with microrasbora shoal?

ta

Robbkit

I used to have 30 in my 125l...

Thanks very much for the advice

its been really tough to sit on my hands and let the stock naturally diminish whilst planning what to
restock with. I think Ill go with about 25 harlequins and just let them have the tank to themselves
- I love the nuances in behaviour you get when fish know theyre on their own! My Nitrate reading is 0
so hoping a few more fish will raise this without having to dry mix stuff again - i think this has been
part of my issue with slow plant growth. Im back on Dennerle V30, E15 and S7 so am reluctant to add
daily KNO3 in case I over egg it. I have stepped up the Fe supps as the test I have is registering 0. I have 4
x 39w T5s over a 100x50x70 cms tall tank on for 10hrs per day and 12hr Co2 at one bubble per second.

My neon green corydoras (sold to me as neon green aeneus corys) have stayed small and bashful - they
were sold as wild caught and i'm darn sure I saw a "baby" last night (dark and about 0.25" long?) - is that possible?

thanks again

My neon green corydoras (sold to me as neon green aeneus corys) have stayed small and bashful - they
were sold as wild caught and i'm darn sure I saw a "baby" last night (dark and about 0.25" long?) - is that possible?

Oooh exciting!, i cant say for the particular species of cory but it certainly does happen with people keeping corys.

I am thinking about purchasing a shoal of 12 Yashuikotakai siddthimunki (Dwarf chain loaches), they are a social fish and when kept in large enough numbers the odd aquarist has seen the odd baby or two appear over time.

I think one of the guys on here had a similar situation with Kuhli loaches and that was special.

Back