• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Range of lillys whats the difference?

Vito

Hey guys I'm looking to splash out no a new setup and I going to get all the ADA gear including pipes, I see they now have the do Aqua range and Im confused as its aimed at the beginner, but I dont understand why, but it is much cheaper than the original ADA lillys so I am tempted, does it have some sort of drifferent flow is that why its cheaper because it is a different shape. can anyone shed some light?

i dont like them personally. the violet type is like the ADA lily only as if its been stood on and squashed. theres also the poppy but ive not seen this in the flesh.

the do aqua inflows are ok though. If it was me starting from scratch id get a do aqua or cal aqua inflow and ADA or cal aqua outlet.

Both glass are good, but Do!Aqua is made from a cheaper glass as i know (still better then most of the glasses out there). They looks equal strong so the glass thickness is probably the same. As stu said the lilys are narrow heads which not as good as the ADA lilys. poppy looks terrible. sorry that's my personal oppinion ;) But inflows are good, jets are good for small tanks.

Inflows are a bit harder to clean as their end is widened a little.

By te way the ADA Glasses has a unique identity number. So they really keep track who did your glasses etc. Better quality control, cleaner, nicer glasses.

Both is usable. But for lilys go for ADA ;)

I got a bizarre combo of an ADA mini inlet and a Do!Aqua Violet lily outflow because they were in AE's sale when they ditched all their ADA stuff. The Do!Aqua lily I think looks nice but the flow is very 'focussed' and is forced down. Not bad for £25 though, looks the part. :thumbup:

Hi.. The ADA units, how strong are they? I would like to get a set for my 16mm/22mm pipe, but I am worried that they would break after a while. The idea of using glass is appealing, but glass is still glass.

i dont really see the point.

people go to alll this expense to have 'invisible' filter pipes and yet they then wack a couple of great big black koralias in there......

most peoples lily pipes soon get filthy and look a mess anyway. mine included. :oops:

ghostsword said:
Hi.. The ADA units, how strong are they? I would like to get a set for my 16mm/22mm pipe, but I am worried that they would break after a while. The idea of using glass is appealing, but glass is still glass.

My actual ADA one is good quality strong glass and has survived me trying to pull the filter tubing off it quite roughly. Same for the Do!Aqua except the actual design of it is more breakable due to the swans neck shape of it.

Nick16 said:
people go to alll this expense to have 'invisible' filter pipes and yet they then wack a couple of great big black koralias in there......

most peoples lily pipes soon get filthy and look a mess anyway. mine included. :oops:

I agree that if you don't clean glassware it looks rubbish and defeats the point really (something I'm guilty of at the moment as I gave up with my dodgy cleaning brush).

Have I missed something or can you not create the same level of circulation by getting an over-sized filter or do people need the koralias?

NeilW said:
My actual ADA one is good quality strong glass and has survived me trying to pull the filter tubing off it quite roughly. Same for the Do!Aqua except the actual design of it is more breakable due to the swans neck shape of it.

Thanks, I will invest on one then.. :)

Have I missed something or can you not create the same level of circulation by getting an over-sized filter or do people need the koralias?

Good question, but to know the answer I will need to try out, and I currently my tank is doing so good that I am not keen to do it just to see if there is a difference. :D

ghostsword said:
Thanks, I will invest on one then.. :)
I can't even find the ADA inlet I have online, TGM only have the bigger sizes from what I can see. I think I could just about justify the cost of Do!Aqua but not ADA by the looks of it, I think I'll try and be very careful with what I've got :lol:

Check out the Cal Aqua stuff too as its meant to be pretty good quality, I don't know if anyone has had experience with it?

Koralia not needed when you have enough flow around the tank. I have 2 filters on my 240l tank. they both runs with glasses. they work on the opposite side but this way there's enough flow that a circulation pump is not needed.

the trick is to find the filter you really need. under mine i have eheim 2075 and eheim 2028. they have enough power on the sides to do good movement with lilys.

Thanks Viktor.

I got a 1200L/ph filter on my 120L tank, and a Koralia. With the outlet and inlet on opposite sides of the tank.

The Koralia is pushing water on the front of the tank.. Now that makes me think if I need it after all. :(

Back