• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How long does your FE CO2 last?

dmense

Seedling
I have been running mine for less than 2 weeks, around 5bps. This morning the tank gauge shows nearly empty (dropped from around 50psi)! I suspect it could be the gauge at fault as the regulator gauge was still showing 20psi and it was still bubbling away OK. Will find out tonight!

How long do others fire extinguishers last for a given bubble rate?

2KG at loads of bpm lasts me (54litre) at least 6 months.

I was going thru a 2kg FE once a month which was a bit disconcerting when everyone else seem to be saying a 2kg would last them months. When I connected by last FE which was a 5kg I wrapped the threads with PTFE and it lasted 8 months.

Yep, was empty when I got home. Turns out that the fitting out the bottom of the regulator was only just finger tight. I think it may have started coming undone with me regularly adjusting the needle valve just below it. Swapped to spare extinguisher and reassembled with PTFE tape and properly tightened. So hopefully it will last for 6months now and not 1 week! Bit anoyed with myself that I have been filling my house with CO2 for the last few days. Just need to find somewhere cheap to get refills now.

Thanks for the replies.

Back