• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How/Where did you hear about Ukaps.org?????

i found it through the PFK website , and i would just like to say i think its great to get advise from other hobbyists and ive probably saved myself a few hundred quid in the proccess!! :D

Saving a few hundred quid.....surely not in this hobby....

I'm always wanting more tanks, more fish/inverts or more exclusive equipment.....LOL

A good friend, who is also a member on here, suggested joining.

As a complete novice to aquatics I have an awful lot to learn!! :p

I see a pic of Jamesc tank flooating around the web... was very impressed with what it looked like. There was a mention of ukaps.. Now i'm hooked... and skint. (cheers James ha,ah)

I found the site having trawled what seemed like a hundred world wide, why chose this one? experience, it is abundant.

There are some of the most stunning and inspirational tanks on here that i have ever seen.

Found you by searching on Google. Liked the look of the site, clean and tidy, but most of all found it very useful and did find the information I was looking for.

Hello all,
Just registered and straight away visited this page, guess thats why it is at the start of the index he he!
Discovered ukaps last night whilst trying to find a solution to my bga problems.Not unusual I'll bet!

longridehome said:
Hello all,
Just registered and straight away visited this page, guess thats why it is at the start of the index he he!
Discovered ukaps last night whilst trying to find a solution to my bga problems.Not unusual I'll bet!
Welcome aboard, you can also be the new member to start the intro threads ;) just open a new topic in this section ;)

Hi everybody,
Just joined... I found the site when using a Google search for info about Green Tiger Barbs.

Angela

Hi everybody,

Just found this forum by watching youtube video so glad that I did, hope to get some help setting up my planted tank :D

hi All,
was recommended to use this site by a LFS. Glad I did. just need to pick everybody's brains to get the tank spot on.

I stumbled across UKAPS by chance, whilst trawling the web for some information on a particular plant species. At the time I still thought WOW this website seems crazy,a whole website devoted to planted tanks :)

You see, at the time I had just bought my first tank (this is Oct 2010, a fluval Roma 125. It had been lovingly decorated by the previous owner with Red plastic plants, resin logs, resin castle, and red gravel to boot :wideyed: To me the un-initiated I have to admit that I think it looked oK :bored:

Now the problem I have is that since finding UKAPS I cannot stop thinking about the way my tank looks and the way it should rather look - like the tanks in the gallery section.

I have set about changing this. The plastic plants and resin logs are gone (Replaced by bogwood). The red gravel has been toned down with Unipac Zambezi 2-3mm. I have introduced plants (Java Fern, Anubias, Amazon Sword, Cabomba, Vallis of some variety, Crypts) all plants I believe can do well in the standard T8 2x24w lighting.

I am dosing CO2 with DIY yeast system (2x2lt) and fertilising with Easy Life easy carbo/Profito. I hope to get started on EI dosing soon and introduce FE CO2 system

Currently suffer a little with green tuft like algae, though not to bad and some brown algae growing on the slow growing Anubias leaves

My other half has insited that the castle needs to remain in the tank. What are peoples feelings regarding keeping ornaments like this in an aquascape, whilst tring to have the tank taken seriously?

Back