• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 solenoid timers?

A

Anonymous

Hi guys can anyone recommend a CO2 solenoid timer? The one I've got keeps tripping/ resetting itself which could be a catastrophe if I'm not around. Been advised on heavy duty ones that cost around £20. Anyone know of an alternative?

Hi,

A mechanically switched timer like this one would be better than an electronic one for use with a solenoid which although small is an inductive load because its a magnetic coil, when its switched on and off it will cause an electrical spike on the supply which in turn can interfere with electronic components especially in cheap unsuppressed units. That's possibly why your timer keeps 'resetting' itself.

http://www.spares2you.co.uk/24_Hour_plu ... g_in_timer

Regards, Chris.

Yeah i agree with the guys i`ve had electronic timers and they are a nightmare. Reasons? Most have a battery backup to keep time and schedules for on`s and off`s, we had a power cut a while back and when the power came back up it had reset all the settings so when i returned back 3 days later my tank had no co2 or light for about 2 days :( I`ve since switched to manual timers and a UPS just to make sure :)

Cheers,

Back