• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UKAPS Trip to Holland - Vivarium 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have no chance with the beard :lol:

Hi,

I`m interested :) Not only do i get to meet you guys but i get some quality time away from the wife and kids. What are the costs? Is this open to all members?

Cheers.

It's certainly open to all members buddy. It's be great to meet as many members as possible! We're not sure of the cost yet, we're just trying to sort out accommodation. Marco has said that if you like you can stay actually in the hall for free if you bring your own put up bed etc, and a few drinks for the Vivarium team ;)

So guys, with just 4 months to go it is time to do some planning. Who is coming to Holland in March?

Really sorry I can't make any events in March due to work and family commitments.

I'd like to encourage as many UKAPS members as possible to attend though. It's an amazing event and a great chance to get together with fellow enthusiasts!

I'm interested in this.

I have a well established nano scape that is at exhibition level, which I am confident can be transported and re-assembled straightforwardly at the other end. Just PM me with details :)

Hey folks, plans for this are coming along nicely, I was chatting to the organiser yesterday.

The plan is still the same, get of many of us as possible in a hired van/minibus and rock over there.

The show opens on the 26th which means we'll have to travel over there on the morning of the 24th. There will be a mass of stuff to do once we get there with all the tanks and stand etc so we'll need as many hands on deck as possible! The Friday will consist of finishing touches to our tanks and setting up the display tanks for the show it's self, i think all in all we did about 10 tanks between three of us last year LOL

The show is on for two days - 26th & 27th and hopefully we'll be able to pack up and leave straight after the show and get a boat back late on the 27th.

Free accommodation is available in the hall it's self, just bring sleeping gear. There is a hotel near by and i'll update you with prices once i find out.

The organiser has suggested that they situate the "main stage" between the UKAPS stand and the ADA Holland stand as last year the main stage was a little out of the way and didn't gather much passing traffic. A good idea but it does mean that we'll be in constant full view :wideyed:

Everybody is welcome folks, but we need firm bookings from you as we need to book the ferry and any accommodation.

No idea yet pal but it won't cost you anything, UKAPS will be paying, this is where the money from sponsorship and donations goes :thumbup:

SteveUK said:
Any limitations to the free accommodation?

Just that we need to be able to trust that you remain away from the other stands during closing hours and do not mind for our own crew to have a drink till into the night :lol:

Count me in guys! As always, I'm more than happy to do any donkey work!

Vivarium said:
Just that we need to be able to trust that you remain away from the other stands during closing hours and do not mind for our own crew to have a drink till into the night :lol:

Sounds like the Festival of Fishkeeping! Drinking into the night sounds like a plan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back