• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lukes first riparium!

Yep, you had a perfect place for you betta to live in, kinda like the natural habitate, trust me on this one :lol:

yeh they love the riparium set up! They like "sitting" on the lotus pads!

pic updates
DSCF3383-1.jpg

DSCF3384.jpg

DSCF3385.jpg

DSCF3390.jpg

DSCF3391.jpg

DSCF3392.jpg

DSCF3393.jpg

DSCF3395.jpg

DSCF3394.jpg

Lovely effect, I love the fish against the dark background. As previously stated, nice to see you´re fighter with his ladeez, any spawning ?

he's making bubble nests all the time and i think one female is pregnent but not sure if its the righ conditions for fry?

The top halfs very nice, the underwater sections a little untidy but over all very well done.
Does your lily behave for you? Are all the pads pretty small?

thanks! the lily grows really fast but is easily controlled. The pads start small but grow really large. How would you improve the under water section? Im fairly new to aquascaping and would love some pointers!

hey guys thinking about trying to train the creeping jenny up a piece of larger driftwood, id rescape the rest, any thoughts?

right so moved house now and eventually found some time to sort out my tank looking good, cut the creeping jenny right back as it melted a little but its started to grow back already! also trimmed the pilea as they where getting taller than the spathilium!

CIMG6672.jpg

CIMG6673.jpg

CIMG6674.jpg

CIMG6675.jpg

CIMG6676.jpg

CIMG6679.jpg

sorry for some refelctions in pics havent got blinds up in livingroom yet, still the tank isnt in direct sunlight

thanks! Just gettin the water paremeters back up to standard now!

im moving all my bettas to another tank along with the kitty tetras that are left.

So the two species of fish left in the riparium will be a brisstle nose plec and three panda cories.
I really want to make a tetra riparium and not sure which way to go? Either to have jus one species of 12 fish or have a mixed shoal?

I recently mixed my shoal in my 180 litre and I'm not sure if it was a wise move. But saying that, I have seen some tanks where it really works?

My point being, that I have no point!

Tank looks great, I'm hanging on to my planters for when I can fit another, bigger tank into the house that I can turn into a proper riparium like yours.

Cheers
Paul

Back