• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Prairie Lands"... job done

Re: "Prairie Lands"...@ 4 weeks

thats a great machine... like the water cooling. with 5(!) fans is that more or less noisy than your filter? :D

chump54 said:
with 5(!) fans is that more or less noisy than your filter?

it's much less noisy than my old PC. I was thinking it may be noisy, but it really isn't. :thumbup:

viktorlantos said:
wow you have a beast

that's what my wife said, when i first met her...i then realised, she meant 'a beast of an attitude' :lol:

Hi Mark,i think the harlequins will suit your setup very nicely,how many are you thinking of adding ?,
regards,
john.

john starkey said:
Hi Mark,i think the harlequins will suit your setup very nicely,how many are you thinking of adding ?,

I'm not really sure john. Maybe 40 or 50? I dont want it to be look too overcrowded. :D

Mark Evans said:
john starkey said:

I'm not really sure john. Maybe 40 or 50? I dont want it to be look too overcrowded. :D

50 will look awesome mate :thumbup: .

Oh Sh**e I showed this to the other half (big gamer/PC geek) is now explaining to me how actually if you go intel you should buy a G-force graphics card. Luckily I managed to shut him up by scrolling down to the case pic as it is pretty much identical to his :lol:

Tank looks good Mark :thumbup:

chump54 said:
George Farmer wrote:
Ugly, yet very powerful.
like me, moo ha ha ha

:lol: it is industrial looking. However, on researching for cases for optimal air flow, this was the mother of them all. Plus, with the ATI radeon 5970 being 13 inches long, this is one of the few cases that can accommodate it.

Here's a pic of the tank. Not full tank, due to being careful with IAPLC rules and stuff.

growing-in.jpg

Lisa_Perry75 said:
is now explaining to me how actually if you go intel you should buy a G-force graphics card.

NVidia fanboy eh? :lol: i was once one of those, until i discovered their way behind ATI at the moment. Especially with this card being the current fastest card on the planet....by a mile.

Mark Evans said:
chump54 said:
George Farmer wrote:
Ugly, yet very powerful.
like me, moo ha ha ha

:lol: it is industrial looking. However, on researching for cases for optimal air flow, this was the mother of them all. Plus, with the ATI radeon 5970 being 13 inches long, this is one of the few cases that can accommodate it.

Here's a pic of the tank. Not full tank, due to being careful with IAPLC rules and stuff.

growing-in.jpg

Looks very good and clean plants too :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

Re: "Prairie Lands"... partial full tank shot.

Cheers john. I will confess to a 'toothbrush' clean on the stones...George farmer style :D

That stray rasbora doesn't look like a Hengeli to me. Looks like an Espei. Like mine :)

Hengeli have far less orange on them. Much more like a glolight:
attachment.php?attachmentid=995&stc=1&d=1110740366.jpg

Looking good though matey. I'll have to give the pushbike a run out sometimes :) now I'm into the hobby again

AC

I wonder how long it'd take, leeds to lincoln... I did 12 miles the other day, damn near killed me, I think I chose the worst condition roads in yorkshire!

Looks great, Mark. Looking forward to the unveiling.

Bout 30 minutes from my side of Lincoln to Newark ;)

Cycle track for a lot of the way too.

AC

and you could stop at the Bottle and Glass @ Harby for a pint!

looking good Mark!

You drivers moan about petrol prices and go the longest routes. lol

Is that place still open?

I'd be going straight down the hill then Newark Road all the way.

AC

yeah the Bottle and Glass is still open (with Michelin star chef!)

anyways lets not take over Marks thread with talk of beer, lol.

we need to hook up sometime. bashing buttons on forums is fun, but you cant beat a good old chat! :thumbup:

here's a snippet of the tank in video format. A few issues with white balance, but hey-ho

The rocks are 'softened' a little now. 3 or 4 months, and all should be done.

Back