• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I've got to say, this is incredible.

possibly, one of the best scapes out their at the moment, in my very honest opinion.

Sanj, if you ever want a hand taking pics, I'd love to come 8)

Wow thanks guys,

Mark Evans said:
I've got to say, this is incredible.

possibly, one of the best scapes out their at the moment, in my very honest opinion.

Sanj, if you ever want a hand taking pics, I'd love to come 8)

Im so very flattered Mark, but I cant see it as one of the best, it would be great if it was, but I dont know I think its hard to to balance detail in large tanks, like there is too much to see. I get why some go for bold.

It would be great if you could come and take quality pics, he he, you could give me some tips too. :p

You are most welcome.

Make it a ukaps get together? I'd love to see your rainbows, they're swiftly becoming my favourite fish.

sanj said:
but I cant see it as one of the best,

It's up there mate, trust me. I was one of the doubters, with the right side, but it's starting to work now.

The whole look is just cracking, For me at least, this is my fave tank.

when do you reckon it'll be ready? I will, if you ask, come over.dont rush, or panic though ;)

Don't be so humble, It is a stunning tank. Another + for a meet up, would make for a great day/evening.

Mark Evans said:
sanj said:
but I cant see it as one of the best,

It's up there mate, trust me. I was one of the doubters, with the right side, but it's starting to work now.

The whole look is just cracking, For me at least, this is my fave tank.

when do you reckon it'll be ready? I will, if you ask, come over.dont rush, or panic though ;)

I would really like you to come over, also other people too if they want to. I think it needs more time to mature though, i think you can see that it is not fully carpetted yet. I have lowered the lights about 6 inches this could be a mistake, but there was alot of glare previously.

Right stump has always been a little awkward, but i think like you say it is improving. I am hoping the ferns (bolbitis and java) will develop more to give a better impression. It is also not as black as it appears. Who knows, ill be moving house hopefully in a year or so, it wont be a room divide then but against a wall, so this scape is for learning and the next well we will see.

Apologies for the annoying shake on this video, but i was not used to taking a video with this camera and it was a littel jerky. I kept the video because I caught the rubrostriata sparing with each other.

This one is more controlled, i just uploaded it so the music has not installed yet, lol the co2 bubbling out the spray bar makes it sound as if i have a budgie in the house. No displaying rainbows boo. However the RTBS was in a right mardy. He particularly dislikes the Reticulated Algae Eater (Crossocheilus reticulatus) .

Hi Sanj,freekin awesome dude,like Mark says it,s certainly up there with some of the best ive seen,

by the way i too would love to come and take some quality pics of this tank,worcester isn,t too far from cov :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

:text-+1: for the meet up.

Although as it is a bit of a trek (3 1/2 hr drive each way) I would prefer to wait until it is more fully grown in before making the trip.

Inspirational, sanj.

Congratulations on a remarkable aquarium and aquascape! This has to be one of the most impressive privately owned planted tanks in the UK at the moment.

Would you be interested in being interviewed and having a photo shoot for PFK magazine?

Just watched the videos. Brilliant.

My only niggle is fish selection with the Red tail black shark and your Reticulated algae eaters. RTBS are notoriously agressive with Crossocheilus sp. Thankfully the tank is large enough to help!

I can see this evolving into something really incredible. We're talking Top 27 IAPLC standard in the longer-term, especially with the right photo.

I've just read this from start to finish and all I can say is "wow"! I've had trouble trying to make my 220l tank look decent due to it's size and have no idea where I would begin with something that size! You've inspired me to break the 220l tank down and start again, but not 'til I've finished playing with the 120l!
I love the rainbows to, I have the Dwarf Neons in my 220l and along with my pencilfish they are by far my favourite fish. I'd lve some of the smaller ones but not while I still have a fully grown Angel in there!

Stunning tank. It's become everything I imagined it could be and more! A bit more growing and 'scaping and this would definitely make some waves in any aquascaping competion.

George Farmer said:
Just watched the videos. Brilliant.

My only niggle is fish selection with the Red tail black shark and your Reticulated algae eaters. RTBS are notoriously agressive with Crossocheilus sp. Thankfully the tank is large enough to help!

I can see this evolving into something really incredible. We're talking Top 27 IAPLC standard in the longer-term, especially with the right photo.

Hello, it would be great if you wanted to do an article, I just thought the tank needs to mature a little more for about 2 months or so.

I am really surprised you guys are suggesting IAPLC!! I was pretty downhearted a couple of months ago thinking im still nowhere near ready to produce the kind of scapes people do in that competition. The Chinese, Japanese and people from E.Europe are amazing. I guess we will have to see, let it mature a bit and maybe with the right photo lol.

Regarding the RTBs and the Crossocheilus, these have been together since the begining of 2008 and yes the RTBS does not like it when it is in close vacinity, it is a little less bothered with the other siamensis. The chasing is not constant though, its more of 'get out of my patch' the algae eater does not actually seem to be too concerned, in that once chased for a few seconds he immediately settles into his normal routine. If it was relentless harassment, there is no way I would keep the RTBS. The video was taken about half an hour after feeding and the RTBS was claiming and area where some pellets were.

One thing I do appreciate, but which I have not done here is the one or two large shoals of fish. Instead I have a real mix of different rainbow species and denisoni barbs. I think the former creates a very serene more natural impression, the latter is more chaotic. The thing is as I have mentioned already I am pretty keen on rainbows and this larger tank was created in part to be able to house a pool of breeding stock. The junglesque scape I thought would be be complementary. Having said that this isnt exactly chaotic jungle.

I completely understand the idea of catering for a favoured selection of fish rather than having the usual standard shoal of one species. Its much more fun as a fish keeper to watch the interactions between different species.

Although, for a full tank shot for competition... can you imagine a massive wave of cardinal tetras or harlequins shoaling through the trees!??! :crazy:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it is a really nice feeling to know that several people think you have produced somthing to a reasonably good standard, but when you think about it all we do is arrange things, set the stage so to speak and nature does the rest.

I think some of us are thinking on the same lines, it needs a bit longer.

Oh and the other thing is ill be going away for a couple of weeks so im thinking cut the lighting down to 6 hours? with no full lighting periods ( i curently have 2 hours in the evening 100% tubes) and raise the pendants back as high as they will go. Im a chuck in the dry ferts neat kind of guy. i dont use dosing pumps. Ill blame Clive for that lol. He has provided me with so much of the 'how to do it easier' tech stuff over the last few years. So two weeks low lights and no dosing... should be ok... i think.

Back