• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opinions wanted on sharpness FEW MORE ADDED

John Starkey

i took this on sunday 24th oct,focal length was 700mm,i just wondered if you think it is sharp, as some say its not,it looks sharp on my laptop,just wanted to know what it looks like on your PC,s,
IMG_1359.jpg

regards,
john.

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

thanks john.

Re: Opinions wanted on sharpness

looks great to me John.

I'd maybe knock the exposure down a tad, but that's just my preference.

john starkey said:
i took this on sunday 24th oct,focal length was 700mm,i just wondered if you think it is sharp, as some say its not,it looks sharp on my laptop,just wanted to know what it looks like on your PC,s,
IMG_1359.jpg

regards,
john.

John ..it looks bloody good to me ... :clap:

This is the closest I've ever got to a Jackdaw although they are constantly on my bird feeders..(Blighters) I'm wanting Blue tits, great tits, (was on a roll there) :oops: greenfinch and other small garden birds and I get swinging, clawing Jackdaws, abusing and being very ASBO with my seed feeders.

I think the depth of field is very positive and would be chuffed to have this on my laptop..

John

Absolutely stunning, nothing wrong with your photo - any chance of a magpie, saw one in the sunlight whilst I was at Shields Depot in Glasgow and the colours in the sunlight were great - I just thought they were black and white, how mistaken I was.

Regards
Paul.

Great shot. I'd go with saying either heavily cropped from the original and/or over sharpened - focus is spot on, but the clarity maybe isn't what it might be. I am looking at the grain in particular, and also the fine feathers seem to be a bit jagged, but could also be down to re-sizing/quality reduction for web?

Tom

Back