• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to Co2.... Liquid Carbo?

Glank27

I am tempted to make my first shy steps into Co2.
I have a 240l tank, 2x 54W T5 lighting 8hrs a day, and daily dosage of Ocean nutristion fertil+, Trace+ and iron+. So it seems that my system lacks only Co2, with good fertilization and also a good amount of lighting.

As i am quite afraid to try pressurized, (also due to the high costs it involves to start-it-up), i am considering liquid carbon such as easy carbo or Lourish excel. Can someone shed some light as how effective these are in plant growth, or if they're simply a rip-off?

They are good products and not a ripoff
They also have the added bonus of killing off algae
You will get slightly slower growth with these as allowed to pressurised co2 and also you've got to consider the cost of these products on a larger tank
The ferts that you use do they contain any NPK? If not you will start to get deficiency problems
Matt

As mentioned by Matt its does undoubtedly work I've seen it with my own eyes in my own tank :) and the added bonus is it kills off algae. There are a lot of questions well documented in here regarding human health problems and these products just have a search there's plenty to read on it. Never the less the majority of people here will use it sometimes as remedial action or full time but most respected opinions in here will say that co2 is a better option for reasons I'm still trying to understand :D

Going by my guestimate I think you add 1ml of it for 50ltrs meaning you will be dosing if using the recommended dose roughly 5ml per day, so getting 250ml bottles for one of our sponsors Aqua Essentials you will be needing 7 bottles per year or £41.93 excluding delivery but my maths is rubbish :oops:

Looking at CO2 as an option check the DIY part of the board you could probably knock something together for that type of money, you will have the initial expense but possibly get the money back long term. The word on the street is it degrades with time once open so buying bulk may not be a good idea.

Neil

Make that £84.00 a year plus delivery, suddenly co2 is more tempting eh :)

AverageWhiteBloke said:
Make that £84.00 a year plus delivery, suddenly co2 is more tempting eh :)

Quite a bit cheaper if bought in bulk though. CO2 is probably the way to go though.

Back