• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC AquaGro MicroHabitat - PFK Subs Offer

Maybe finished article and once grown in but too late for full journal only took an hour!!!

Acadama substrate
Java moss
Hc Cuba
Blyxa japonica
Hairgrass
Just got to let it all grow in now
Also using siporax media rather than the large sponge
matt

Re:

mdhardy01 said:
Acadama substrate
Java moss
Hc Cuba
Blyxa japonica
Hairgrass
Just got to let it all grow in now
Also using siporax media rather than the large sponge
matt

Looks great, can't wait to get stuff in mine. I'll probably just use sponges as I've always gone by them, I expect I won't bother with the condensation rid or the thermometer though, not long term anyway.

i'm still wondering what will grow under the LED light.

I'll let you know how my plants go
Think the hc might suffer but think the rest should be ok
Matt

I dose ei in my big tank and will be water changing and topping up using water from that No carbon added
Matt

gutted...

I just set my one up... looking forward to adding some shrimps once its cycled - not gone for a planted tank - as busy with the main set up... but will no doubt switch it a little and make it more like how george explains in the vid.

Re:

mdhardy01 said:
I dose ei in my big tank and will be water changing and topping up using water from that No carbon added
Matt

Oh fairs, let me know how the HC goes, I might try it but with CO2.

No carbon as going to add crs and I know that they are sensitive to it
Matt

Re:

mdhardy01 said:
Matt

With mine I do the same. For carbon source it gets from main tank, enough co2 to keep it going.

Also, as my cat drinks from it, I top up everyday.

I hadn't thought about the main tank water carrying co2
I've lost one lot of crs already so may start again with some cherries but give it a week or so to settle
Thought that using mature media tank water and plants and wood from main tank I'd be good to go straight away but I did use Acadama as substrate and I think that needs time to settle down
I might re scape and use the substrate from main tank capping some acadama using the acadama as a nutrient store?
Matt

Yeah, there is CO2 on the main tank water, I got the idea from someone else on the forum, do not remember who it was.

I was using EasyCarbo, but on such a small tank I was killing all shrimp and snails, was overdosing. So now I use the main tank water, 250ml a day, and the small tank get's CO2 and ferts. Plants are happy, shrimp are surviving, and all is good.

Limpopo black sand (tgm)
Hairgrass some trimmed some left
Hc Cuba ( lets see how it goes)
Java moss
And a tiny bit of Fissidens fontanus
imagevyl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Matt

Bringing up an old thread, but just wondered if anyone else who's got one of these finds the water level in the sponge and pump compartments drops on a daily basis, but the water level in the main tank compartment stays high? Seems really odd to me as the three are connected.

Pain as well as I have to top up the two smaller compartments everyday, or the water level drops too low. I wonder what it might be doing to the sponge bacteria as well.

Just wondered if I was alone in this?

Sam

Back