• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Different results - Hagen x Sera KH test kits

gabriel.basso

Hi,

I made a Drop Checker solution with Deionized Water and Sodium Bicarbonate. The procedure was to add a small amount of NaHCO3, shake it and test with Sera KH test kit until I got 4 dKH. The curious thing is that after all done I made a second test using Hagen test kit and the outcome was quite different!

Sera (result unit: dKH, 1 per drop) = 4 reagent drops = 4 dKH x 17,9 = 71,6 ppm

Hagen (result unit: ppm, 10 per drop) = 5 reagent drops x 10 = 50 ppm x 0,056 = 2,8 dKH

A deviance of 43% ... isnt it too much? I've tested again and again, all with the same results.
My first thought is that some of the test kits has expired.. guess the best thing to do is to buy another test kit :twisted:

cheers

gabriel.basso said:
A deviance of 43% ... isnt it too much? I've tested again and again, all with the same results.
My first thought is that some of the test kits has expired.. guess the best thing to do is to buy another test kit :twisted:
Welcome to the wonderful world of calibrating test kits ;)

Peter

ceg4048 said:
Or just buy 4dkh water...

Cheers,

Havent found it around here yet... looked for this solution at chemist's shops, aquarium stores, etc.. but no lucky.

Whitebeam said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of calibrating test kits ;)

Peter

i'd rather stay away from this world Peter... I'll keep trying to get access to the buying 4dk solution world! :lol:

Hadnt thought that way... so obvious :oops: :? You are right Peter, so I wont have to trash any of my inaccurate tests anymore!! :D

thanks

Havent found it around here yet... looked for this solution at chemist's shops, aquarium stores, etc.. but no lucky.

A few of our sponsors sell it - check out the banners at the top right of each page.

Back