• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

fluval 4+ as co2 diffuser ?

alan_uk

hi all,

i was just sat thinking about a new co2 diffuser and came accross a thought i currently have a fluval 4+ internal filter in my tank for a little extra filtration but mainly flow and on the top of the utlet nozzle there is a airline inlet for turning it to a oxygen blower,

now i was just thinking if i attach my co2 airline to it so that it blows through there i know i will need to silicone it due to pressure but thats no probelm do you think it would work ? as it blows the plants all round the tank and i figured it would be a good way to get the co2 circulated right round the tank :)

let me know your thoughts :)

I wouldn't think it would give you a good dissolution rate as the venturi systems on them don't make fine bubbles so a lot of co2 would b wasted

ahhhh got ya i never thought of that thanks for clearing it up for me :)

diffuser it is then lol :thumbup:

To be honest, that's the method I use in one of my tanks - it's attached to 2 yeast co2 systems. The bubbles are pretty big, so obviously it's not the most efficient way of diffusing co2, but I find it turns my drop checker an adaquate colour, so I hesitate to increase the efficiency in this case because I don't want to be gassing the inhabitants. Obviously, in most situations, that isn't the case, as the more efficient a system is the less co2 is needed therefore the cheaper it becomes, but with yeast co2 being unregulated I'd rather be safe than sorry. You could always give it a go with the venturi, and then try with a diffuser.

Back