• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fireworks

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Another technique I've been meaning to try for a while is slow exposures at night with light trails.

I took these at a recent fireworks display at RAF Wittering. Tripod, f/22, 10 sec, ISO 100.

5131971664_ca60b805da_z.jpg

5131372115_1409ffa78c_z.jpg

5131365811_4889006db9_z.jpg

very nice set ,its something i would like to try over the next week,did you use a wide angle lens ?

regards,
john.

I'd guess med/long telephoto...100mm maybe George?

It'd be ideal for you john, with your longer lenses' :thumbup:

it depends where you stand with firworks, what lens you put on, and also the quality/size of the fireworks.

Thanks, guys. :D

I used my Sigma 17-70mm on these. Mostly at the wider end too. I know the display team (RAF colleagues) and got quite close to the action!

I reckon in PS you could merge a few of these into one massive image!

These are amazing, they don't even look real and even look like they're from space or something some of them. As said before the colours are unreal.

Nick16 said:
do you have any larger versions, they would be goood as a desktop background!
I tend not to make my hi-res images freely available. PM me your email and the image you're after and I'll see what I can do.

mlgt said:
Looks great. I will be picking ya brain on thursday George :D
Really looking forward to meeting you guys. You're in for a special treat... ;)

I'm loving that last shot.

There's some nice pics there George well done. I got to stop looking...... I'm spending enough on aquariums at the mo, Don't want to get hooked on photography aswell. ha!

Back