• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

decided to have another go with the big tank

another little update decided to remove the in your face grey rocks lol and added some lava rock to try and take the in your face look away also bought some more needle leaf java fern and some riccia :)

just done the first water change too as the top of the water was really oily from the peat and also there was ammonia readings

anyway here is the pics

DSC03944.jpg

DSC03946.jpg

DSC03947.jpg

DSC03945.jpg

planning to aqttach my peacock moss to 1 of the rocks so they wont be all that visible once plants have attached

new java fern

DSC03948.jpg

DSC03942.jpg

and my anubias is flowering too :)

DSC03949.jpg

comments welcome :)

glad to be of some help as my tanks in the past have been a flop lol so to speak

i agree on the tank size being harder to get to look nice although the tank aint nowere near as good as many on here im really pleased with it :)

The tank is looking fantastic now 8)

misscaretaker said:
I hope you have more luck attaching the moss to lava rock than I did; even after a year it had barely stuck!

You could try using lomariopsis lineata or monoselenium tenerum in the future, both are liverworts that will adhere to rock much more readily than riccia.

funny you should say that lol as i have just bought monoselenium tenerum for the other rock lol just unsure how to attach it :)

thank you for the positive comments too much appreciated :thumbup:

There are plenty of choices, my preferred method is nylon thread (from sewing shop).

cheers mate means a lot coming from you as your tank was my inspiration for a big tank

the stand and hood are made from 3/4 marine ply mate and painted black :thumbup:

well my other bag of substrate turned up this morning and my other bulbs so i spent today tearing the tank down again and getting it in its final set-up

this is what i ended up with and am now going to let it grow in and see what happens ive got 2 54w t5's running at the minute but am thinking of adding another as i have another bulb :)

co2 will be up and running tomorrow when my large diffuser turns up

anyway here is the pics

DSC03956.jpg

DSC03960.jpg

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03959.jpg

DSC03958.jpg

DSC03957.jpg

tommorrow i will be adding my pellia, peacock moss and some pogostomon helferi and my red tiger lotus if it arrives

then that will be the last of the plants unless i add hair grass cant decide yet lol

comments welcome

Very jungle-looking :) Love it.
I think that hair grass won't fit here. Maybe something darker? Lilaeopsis? :)

thanks i had thought about lilleapolis too

i just wanted jungly style and thought hair grass would suit :)

cheers mate lol my lips are sealed

what should i call it lol

another little update as my

pellia
pogostomon helferi
hair grass peacock moss are now in and my co2 :)

all i need now is my red tiger lotus and drop checker to arrive and its all done :)

DSC03968.jpg

DSC03967.jpg

pellia
DSC03962.jpg

pogostomon helferi
DSC03963.jpg

hair grass
DSC03964.jpg

new co2 diffuser 2"
DSC03965.jpg

bubble counter
DSC03966.jpg

lol was a bit :) worth it though as im really happy with the look at the min

changing the rotalla rotundafolia from the left to crypt mi oya :)

Back