• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this sysem any good?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum!

The Lunapet components have not received many complaints and it would be very difficult to determine whether these are any better or worse than equivalent JBL components. It is assumed that you have already figured out where to get the bottle filled locally?

Cheers,

i'm still looking into the refilling part at the moment, i'm in hertfordshire if anyone can help?. i've emailed local FE suppliers and have recieved no news yet, looks like mr fizz would be the closest for me as maidenhead aquatics prices are nuts!... :crazy:

Thanks for the info sam, i'm a bit worried about the safety issues with using FE tanks even more so after reading that thread....however the price of that FE tank is cheaper that the quote i got today from wholesale aquatics for a 2k refill....where do you get fefills cheap in north london?. seriuosly thinking about getting a bottle contract with london beer gas...seems to me that if some places do it cheap then the other more expensive places are justy taking the pi**!.... i'm not grumpy i'm just fed up mixing yeast bottles!
cheers
Andy
p.s. happy halloween :)

andyhorne28 said:
i'm still looking into the refilling part at the moment, i'm in hertfordshire if anyone can help?. i've emailed local FE suppliers and have recieved no news yet, looks like mr fizz would be the closest for me as maidenhead aquatics prices are nuts!... :crazy:

Hi Andy
Where are you in Herts.....Have a look here.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=102337
Regards
hoggie

cheers hoggie :D ! i'll give them a look, good prices too, would you know if its a while you wait service?
thanks mate :thumbup:
Andy

I only put the warning to cover myself. But really just think it through, is there any difference between a 2kg cylinder with JBL marked on it and a 2kg FE? No. FE's are everywhere, you'll have some at work, even if you don't notice them. They HAVE to be safe for that reason alone!

Don't be put off by the fact that FE's are associated with fire and therefore also danger, they really should be safe as houses.

The cost saving is just to good to pass up as well ;)

Sam

PS
Themuleous said:

Hi Andy
Its a while since Ive been over there...ask to speak to Bob Sharpels regarding filling.
I think they have set days for filling i think it was a Thursday but this may have changed.Best if you take a couple of empty cylinders to make it worth your journey.
Regards
hoggie

cheers

thanks for all the info, it's been really helpful, i think i will go for the lunapets system i think is good value for money!!
cheers :D
andy

I puchased that exact same kit 3 years ago, the only issue I had with it is that it came with a broken gauge on the regulator which lunapet shipped me a new one straight away free of charge. Since I set it up 3 years ago I haven't had any problems with it, all I say is get the one without the bottle as I used the bottle and never refilled it again, I now use fire extinguishers with the kit works a treat!

Back