• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sheild to stop carpeting plant being pulled up

Aeropars

Hi Guys,

I want to get some form of mesh to put over some HC to let it get established in peace wihtout larger fish uprooting while its in infancy. something like chicken wire would stop them and it would be formed into a half spere type shape with the sharp ends all digging into the substrate.

Would chicken wire be safe or would it need somethign else?

I would be tempted to try and find a plastic mess rather than using wire just to be on the safe side. A hobby shop would probably be your best bet. I would also want to lift it up off the HC every few days to stop the HC growing through the mesh and getting tangled. If that happened you'd pull it all out eventually anyway, without any help from the fish!!

I also find when I plant HC that you can pretty much plant it so deep that there is only the tiniest amount of green showing. It soon grows to the surface and that way its well anchored from the word go.

Sam

For Something Cheap and Easy I use the Plastic Netting that comes with Punnets of fruit. Works a Treat.

Back