• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim 2075 External filter owners

Flyfisherman said:
hi bogwood

I would get in touch with these guys - have a look at the attached as here is your complete parts listing for your filter.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... gSp0Gzz8Gw

Look like you buy the cap as well.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EHEIM-PRO-3-2071- ... 230b49e2d7

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul and thanks for being so helpful. :thumbup:
What i need to know really is should this cap come with a sealing ring fitted.
My filter is brand new, but no sealing ring/o ring on the cap. Which surprises me as a groove exists for one.
If someone who owns one can clarify this, before i opt to buy, or take it up with the supplier.

Hi bogwood

Personal view "No" sealing ring fitted as there is no part No. for it. Other parts that require a sealing ring are listed Inc. a part No. Have a look at the exploded diagram.

Regards
Paul.

Hi,

I`m not sure you know, what i`ll do is take a look at mine on the next maintenance which coincidentally is tomorrow :) I`ll get back with my findings.

Cheers,

Flyfisherman said:
Hi bogwood

Personal view "No" sealing ring fitted as there is no part No. for it. Other parts that require a sealing ring are listed Inc. a part No. Have a look at the exploded diagram.

Regards
Paul.

Yes. you could be right Paul, not visible on the diagram.
See what ukco2guy finds when he opens his tomorrow.
ukco2guy said:
Hi,

I`m not sure you know, what i`ll do is take a look at mine on the next maintenance which coincidentally is tomorrow :) I`ll get back with my findings.

Cheers,
Thats great.
Incidentally what prompted this question, my cap seems quiet loose and does not lock with a reasurring click.
And when i saw no seal/oring in the grove. I thought lets check.

Hi,

Well after spending my usual 3hrs of tank maintenance on my tanks today i can confirm that their was no o`ring on my 2075. Just the screw cap for the impeller and that was it. Mine was purchased second hand but i was owner no.2 and the chap who i got it off looked after it extremely well so i don`t believe he lost or broke anything. I`m pretty positive they don`t have one mate :)

Cheers,

ukco2guy said:
Hi,

Well after spending my usual 3hrs of tank maintenance on my tanks today i can confirm that their was no o`ring on my 2075. Just the screw cap for the impeller and that was it. Mine was purchased second hand but i was owner no.2 and the chap who i got it off looked after it extremely well so i don`t believe he lost or broke anything. I`m pretty positive they don`t have one mate :)

Cheers,

Cheers, thanks for letting us know. :thumbup:
Obviously not fitted, as mine is brand new.

Back