• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In line Atomizer

foxfish

Anyone using one of these?
I installed one a few weeks back, it seemed to need a lot of pressure to get going but worked very well in deed - however I have to keep adjusting my needle valve to keep it consistent.
I assume the device is getting clogged but how do you clean it?

co2.jpg

I have fitted it directly above my sump pump outlet, so the water & gas mix then go up to the tank & out through a spray bar, fitted mid water.
like i say works well - maybe it is just settling down - certainly a test for c02 air line leaks & joints!
I had a few problems sealing my bubble counter & had to fit a different design in the end.

Hi Foxfish
I have the same atomiser never had any problems regarding...... clogging.
I think this is a sealed unit..... so the inside cant be manually cleaned as such.
Try turning your needle valve up slightly then switch your solenoid off then switch it on again this may help your Co2 bubble counter rate settle down.
Regards
hoggie

After 12 months of use I've just taken my boyu off and gone back to a Rhinox diffuser. Think it must have become blocked and wasn't diffusing co2 properly. Couldn't DC passed dark green anywhere in the tank.

Mark Evans said:
Themuleous said:
I think that is the biggest flaw of inline diffusers ->

Mine's not been cleaned in over 6 months. It's not even dirty. do they get dirty?

With mine ive simply pulled the eheim cleaning brush through, when cleaning the filter hoses.
However, as im having BBA problems i went one further and took it out and soaked in bleach.
If im honest, no noticable differance in the "mist"
Maybe, the ceramic! does not get dirty, who knows. :!:

Cheers

Back