• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cheap light???

andyhorne28 said:
hi all, i have a question: if you were not too worried about the look could i use this metal halide security light for my 60L planted tank, I'm only going to be using it for a few months so i don't wanna spend lots of cash i was thinking about mounting it on the wall above the tank.

http://www.lightingcentre.com/floodligh ... -ip65.html

cheers
andy :?

I'm not sure but I think I heard that floodlights take different lamps to aquarium ones, so if you bung aquarium ones in you have problems with UV or something? I'm not totally sure and I know you can use some. Also I'd think 150w over a 60L tank would cause you a lot of problems.

cool cheers guys I'm tempted!... my mate has just given me some tmc marine white l.e.d strips he's not using at the moment, it's a shame they are not the grow beams do you think these will work or are the colours all wrong???

andyhorne28 said:
cool cheers guys I'm tempted!... my mate has just given me some tmc marine white l.e.d strips he's not using at the moment, it's a shame they are not the grow beams do you think these will work or are the colours all wrong???

It'd probably work ok but you could always sell these and buy some grobeams of course or whatever else you wanted.

Back