• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Although, for a full tank shot for competition... can you imagine a massive wave of cardinal tetras or harlequins shoaling through the trees!??! :crazy:

Totally, that would be amazing. im thinking of Graeme Edward's tank at TGM with the massive shoals of Rasbora. That should be an IAPLC submission for sure. Actually before Graeme's rescape that tank used to have a mass of Rainbows aswell.

sanj said:
Hello, it would be great if you wanted to do an article, I just thought the tank needs to mature a little more for about 2 months or so.
Agreed; no rush. We'll keep in touch... :D

Good luck with the two weeks away. Such a big tank should remain stable enough in your absence, especially with the proposed drop in lighting. I assume there's nothing in there which is too demanding of light?

Keep up the great work.

Goodness! The amount of life going on in there is truly awe-inspiring!

George will need to pack a whole load of strobe lights to shoot that tank 8)

The Staurogyne thicket on the left hand side of the tank seems to be underattack by somthing, there is now a empty patch with only stems and the top few leaves. One or two crypt leaves in the vacinity also seem to have holes. The lates addition to the tank were 12 dwarf chain loaches, but i have not heard of or seen them shredding/eating the leaves. I look after lights out and have seen a few baby ramshorn snails, but that is it. Anyone had their Staurogyene in a similar situation?

Lovely tank Sanj, the thread has been a great read, the tank is just stunning.

Mark

Always love such large aquariums - the feeling of being there is so much better when the water expanse is that big :)

Sanj is a little busy ATM, moving soon, so i should expect an update once he is settled into the new place.

Yup sorry guys, I am going to have to take this aprt in a few months..not looking forward to moving this.
I have not taken anymore photos becuase while it is still ticking over, its a little overgrown and I have this move on the back of my mind (its actually in a couple of months or so), but it takes away the incentive to continue a develop a tank that only going ot have to taken apart.

Come august ill be putting it back together again... :S

Good luck!

sanj said:
Yup sorry guys, I am going to have to take this aprt in a few months..not looking forward to moving this.
I have not taken anymore photos becuase while it is still ticking over, its a little overgrown and I have this move on the back of my mind (its actually in a couple of months or so), but it takes away the incentive to continue a develop a tank that only going ot have to taken apart.

Come august ill be putting it back together again... :S
All the best with the move, sanj.

I think it's a good idea to 'overgrow' the plants before the move. Then, if you want to do a different layout, you should have plenty more scope.

Yeah, I think like you said in your other post (or was that Mark) the materials can get ludicrously expensive on large tanks. I have to really think about what I want to do, it might be similar on all likely hood. In a long tank im not sure how many options i have to position two tree stumps. So largely ill be using the same materials.

I might be pleading for some input on scape design from you guys.

Alastair said:
How did the move go sanj? Did you get this beast of a tank up and running again?

Hi, yes thanks. I had to have a window removed to get it in though :crazy: . It has been up for a month or so waiting for the plants to grow in. Its not a huge change from before in terms of scaping, just tweaking. A little untidy around the edges due to die back from older growth during the move.

Its not ready for photos quite yet. Aspect has changed slightly in that now it is at one end of the room instead of the middle and viewable only from the front.

Not having much fun with Limpopo sand substrate... the grey particles seem to turn white. Not nearly the black/dark grey substrate i thought it was meant to be.

Back