• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

In line Atomizer

foxfish said:
Anyone using one of these?
I installed one a few weeks back, it seemed to need a lot of pressure to get going but worked very well in deed - however I have to keep adjusting my needle valve to keep it consistent.
I assume the device is getting clogged but how do you clean it?

co2.jpg

I installed mine last week.

My JBL ProFloral regulator is pre-set to 1.5 bars, which I don't think is sufficient. I also had problems initially setting the CO2 flow.

When first set up, I had the fine mist coming out. However the next day, after the solenoid turned off and on again, it no longer produced the mist (i.e. not enough pressure to push back through the membrane). I had to open my fine needle valve even more (almost full blast) just to get the mist to remain constant after turning off and on again.

It's now working fine, but I’m looking to manually adjust the regulators pressure to 3 bars (if I can figure out how… lol).

I also had the JBL bubble counter, but it just couldn’t cope with the higher pressure, so I had to ditch it.

Sounds about right :?
I have ordered what looks like a very robust BC & also some high pressure - low expansion C02 line however all seems ok at the moment....
I superglued some PVC airline to a little clear plastic BC I had & that also seems to be holding at the moment.
Interestingly my drop checker is not particularly yellow it is just bordering on the green (usual for my tank) but, my plants are pearling away like no tomorrow :wideyed:
Whether or not I stick with the device I dont know but, if it keeps working like is then thats great, incidentally I am not seeing much mist at all. That might be because I have fitted the diffuser straight after my sump pupm & it has about 1.5mts of pipe to travel up before it reaches the spray bar - perhaps the gas has time to dissolve?

Back