• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New bike advice

Not a bad price really, I can put up with poor lucks if the ride is superior. I ride my tyres as hard as I an get them to keep lowing resistance down, when you get the gravel under wheel "ping" it does set your heart racing though!

Also, just found an Evans pamphlet with a discount for 10% off any non-sale bike, which means I can get the fuji for £405 which means it just got a better option!

PM said:
I think I wanna get drops for the winter for more aero, and to make my bike look more like this:

:Drool:

http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/Super-2011-zoom.jpg
I love drops, I wouldn't be without they make doing longer distances much more enjoyable I find and you can't beat going right fast.
That's a nice bike, there's a pink one here I see chained up in town all the time, not the colour I'd have chosen but very nice regardless.

Surly Steam Roller is on my list of bikes to own :) I love it!

The langster steel may not corner so well due to the clearances of the front wheel to the frame. It's a tight geometry so the cornering will feel a little odd. You'd get used to it though.

Does the Fuji come with brakes? I know the fuji Track doesn't, not sure about the feather etc. Take a look at the Genesis range. the Day One is a great bike :)

If you still want gears, you could look at Condor, Binachi and a few others, but you're getting into big money there...

The steam roller is like a wwII bike, you half expect it have one of those BSA rifle mounts.
The Feather comes with breaks yes, if it doesn't I've a set in my spares box that would be suitable. I'm starting to think I can live without, the hill I change to my bottom gear for I managed fine on the langster so it might not be as bad as I imagined, I'll still have my raliegh for if I want to go further than town and back I suppose.

SteveUK said:
Surly Steam Roller is on my list of bikes to own :) I love it!

The langster steel may not corner so well due to the clearances of the front wheel to the frame. It's a tight geometry so the cornering will feel a little odd. You'd get used to it though.

Does the Fuji come with brakes? I know the fuji Track doesn't, not sure about the feather etc. Take a look at the Genesis range. the Day One is a great bike :)

If you still want gears, you could look at Condor, Binachi and a few others, but you're getting into big money there...

Yeah I really liked the 2010 Genesis Flyer, I nearly bought one! Not quite so hot on the 2011, still not bad though.

EDIT: Actually 2011 looks lovely! It's just the stickers I don't like.

You'll come to the darkside yet, badgeless or extremely minimal badging is where it's at.

I've been here on the dark side a long time. :thumbup:

5203889255_7f313b78d0_z.jpg

Best way! Most things get uglier the second they slap a label on it! They're like typographical dazzle camo haha.
Are you on london fixed gear? I was reading their powdercoating thread the other day seems like a good place for learning stuff. I just picked the powder coat for my bike, I did want an all white downpost on a grey frame but apparently you can't do that so I've gone for all over battle ship grey.

Actone or meth normally removes most logos. I'd go narrower than wider, when your arms are wider out it some how makes it harder on your wrists.
Black tape is nice! Better than the reflective tape evans insist on recommending.

I'm CasaSteve on LFGSS ;)

Currently rebuilding my other fixed gear. An old cheap lugged steel frame. Might be reynolds 531, but can't be 100%. I'm looking to replace it at some point, but for now I'm stripping the white powdercoat to raw steel and I'll clear coat it. It's a "beater" anyway :)

Looks like this, except replaced cranks with some black OEM cranks off a mate's Kinesis Decade:

4568465116_a9743dfdc5_z.jpg

I'm currently looking for an aluminium compact frame, like a Langster or Giant Bowery to get me through winter. I fancy something a bit lighter and sporty :) My charge will go to make way for it.

I know someone who's got for sale a frame and forks alu langster, he keeps trying to tell me it's the best bike ever.

Just dropped my bike off to get stripped and rebuilt. Ordered a white charge spoon seat, once it's fully stripped taking it to be powder coated battleship grey with a white downtube, getting the chain ring done in grey and the peddles acid dipped to bring the chrome as good as new. Ordered new bar-tape, white, cages and straps, yellow. Stripped the bottom bracket to get it fixed/replaced/rethreaded. Removed and polished the cranks/headset/bars/seatpost. Just need to find replacement Raleigh 501 decals and a headset badge and I reckon I'm sailing! Should have her back on the road in about two weeks, really can't wait.

Back