• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Narrow leaf java fern - Latin name?

Should of just used super glue gel. Cool only 9 days? My plants were posted last wed so hopefully Ill have them by the end of the week. Bloody hope so anyway as all my other plants came today and ive just chucked (not literaly) put them in my QT tank until the Aquatic magic ones come. Does anyone know how long they will be ok for in my qt tank? As I dont want to plant untill all plants are here as it will b a pain in the blahblahblahblah

RudeDogg1 said:
Should of just used super glue gel. Cool only 9 days? My plants were posted last wed so hopefully Ill have them by the end of the week. Bloody hope so anyway as all my other plants came today and ive just chucked (not literaly) put them in my QT tank until the Aquatic magic ones come. Does anyone know how long they will be ok for in my qt tank? As I dont want to plant untill all plants are here as it will b a pain in the blahblahblahblah

Cheers mate.
Funny you should mention super glue, used some last week on some weeping moss. Stuck fine, but so did my fingers,and everything else. :woot: My own fault,always in a hurry.
Incidentally if i have no tank spare, i just float plants in a large glass dish,and refresh each day with tank water.
Been doing it for years never had any problems.
In fact, would you believe some years back, i left some java moss in a glass container in the shed, by the window.
And it survived the winter, and actually grew. Should be fine in a QT.

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
Stuck fine, but so did my fingers
I've done that as well, usually combination of damp fingers and being in a hurry. If you make sure your fingers are dry (super glue cures when wet) they don't stick as easily.

cheers Darrel

Ta. :thumbup:
A useful tip to remember,

bogwood said:
Just a update.
Well my Needle fern arrived from Aquatic Magic. Only took 9 days. :clap:
Two nice pieces, looks healthy, and the finest leaves ive seen ever on Java. :thumbup:

My god, just spent a frustrating 15 mins fastening it to wood with fishing line, i need more hands ,and fingers.
Plus a new pair of glasses.

mine arived today sadly with 1 casualty a tiny anubias pettete (however its spelt lol) my pellia seems to of gone quite brown do u think it will pull through? All the other plants look fine. They arived just in time as 1 of the pots of cuba ive got waiting in my qt tank looks ropey

Back