• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How noisy is your Koralia/Resun?

nry

I got the Resun 2000 in the tank last night, and yeah, huge improvement in flow, but it is rather noisy. It gives off quite a vibration, which in the living room is a touch distracting.

I've seen others here mention the Koralia can be a bit noisy and that a short bit of airline hose on the impeller shaft can quieten it down considerably.

Are most pumps of this ilk noisy, or are the Koralia ones better for being a more expensive brand?

I can see me replacing it unless the airline trick works, if we've not got the TV on etc. then it is very noticeable.

Something about putting a short bit of airline on the impeller shaft to reduce vibration - not taken the Resun apart to see if there is space though.

I'll have a go this weekend though I don't know if I have any airline, might be some CO2 tubing left if I hunt around in the 'cupboard' under the stairs :)

Didn't help on the Resun, made it worse!

Anyone want a Resun 2000? :)

ive got some of the bigger ones they do make a little bit of noise due to the way they work. how are you mounting it i found with the suction cups worked best transfers less sound in to the tank. the air line idea on this pump would make it worse. if you really really cant stand the noise you can flatten the end of the propeller. but bear in mind you will lose a lot of output.

just to let you know, my koralia nano is so quiet i cant hear it at all. and i've got two on the tank.

Made it a bit better by trimming the internal tube on the housing that the end of the prop shaft sits into when you clip the housing on, but ordered a Koralia Evo Nano for £22 new via eBay so hopefully that will be nice and quiet :)

Just thought I would follow this one up and say that the one in my marine tank has been running for several months now and I think the initial noise issues were just while it 'bedded in'. I turned all the other pumps and powerheads off in the tank and had to strain to hear the resun 2000, which is a stark contrast to when I first added it.

Having discovered this, I'd be far more inclined to use these pumps in my other tanks, as the noise really wont be noticeable once its had time to run for a bit.

For the money I'm now every pleased with this pump.

Sam

Back