• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Planted Tanks - Aquafair Malaysia 2010

Paul Butler

Seedling
I was fortunate enough to be at Aquafair in Malaysia recently where they had amongst other things a planted tank competition. I took some pictures and hope you enjoy them, some tanks I took multiple pics of.

Winning Tank & best rockscape
p2.jpg

detailed shots
p7.jpg

and
p6.jpg

and
p5.jpg

and
p4.jpg

and
p3.jpg

Second Place & Best woodscape
p8.jpg

detailed shot
p9.jpg

I liked this tank for it's simplicity
p10.jpg

Some others
p1.jpg

p11.jpg

Yep, very lucky :D

I did meet Amano very briefly, he stayed at the same hotel as me. I couldn't make his workshop though, which was a real pity.

What lovely tanks.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I'd be happy to see any more :)

Liking these tanks the first couple in particular you can see how they look very much like actual landscapes.

thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Anymore pictures would be appreciated especially nanos :) . We need to organize a ukaps trip to one of these events. (Coming from someone that hasn't managed to attend his local LFKC meets haha).

That 1st pic is a well deserved win its details is amazing and the health looks on point and well grown in.
Also really like 4th place.

I wish I had more photos, sorry I don't. I was a tad busy whilst there and only had time for a quick photo dash.

nayr88 said:
thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Anymore pictures would be appreciated especially nanos :) . We need to organize a ukaps trip to one of these events. (Coming from someone that hasn't managed to attend his local LFKC meets haha).

That 1st pic is a well deserved win its details is amazing and the health looks on point and well grown in.
Also really like 4th place.

The minimum tank size for the competition is 60cm. So no nanos!

I did briefly drop by the MAC stand, you guys were very busy on Saturday, I was dragged off to another engagement and then had to leave @ 4:30 for my flight home :(

Back