• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams work tank

samc

some of you may know i have worked in my LFS for a few months now. i have scaped this tank to try and get the public into aquascaping, and it seems to have got a good reception so far. i will be doing more tanks so hopefully more people will get into this hobby. this tank has been a challenge as i have to use the products that are in the shop. this tank was the 'cheaper' option for the public as it has a internal filter supplied with the tank, low standard lighting and yeast co2 system. The stems need a good few trims to get them into shape but apart from that its not going too bad.

TANK STATS:
Tank: fluval roma 200
Lighting: standard 2x36w t8
Co2: JBL yeast system
Substrate: JBL aquabasis topped with JBL manado, unipac zambezi in foreground
Ferts: EI dosing
Filter: Fluval U4 internal

34i4n4g.jpg

w1proh.jpg

2iroy3c.jpg

j17lmv.jpg

Liking it, very simple but effective and a big but easy step from the average 'tank with plants in' :)

Good on you sam,i love the moss growing between the stone,all in all a nice layout :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

wow Sam, that looks great! i wish i could get mine to look like that. it looks really clean and the plants look so healthy!

BTW, which mosses have you used over the rocks?

cheers :D

hi sam,
ah,ahh, i recognise this lovely little tank and think that it must have been you who served me a couple of plants a few weeks back. makes a refreshing change not to have to ask for 'that greeny to yellow one over there in the middle next to the pinkish one'!
cheers, bazz!

sorry for the late reply. and thanks for the comments

bazz said:
hi sam,
ah,ahh, i recognise this lovely little tank and think that it must have been you who served me a couple of plants a few weeks back. makes a refreshing change not to have to ask for 'that greeny to yellow one over there in the middle next to the pinkish one'!
cheers, bazz!

thanks bazz. glad you came in. its rare we get many plant guys in there :D it could well have been me. i am the youngest.

George Farmer said:
Sam, does the store sell EI powders?

nope they are my own. i am hoping we might get some good quality liquid ferts in. we only currently have JBL ferropol and i am not convinced its up to much. it even says no phosphate on the bottle. they still think it causes aglae if added.

pest control said:
which mosses have you used over the rocks?

the moss is christmas moss :D nice moss too.

Tony Swinney said:
I'm about to do a shop tank too

good luck, ill look forward to seeing it ;)

plants as as follows:
Crypt wendtii 'green'
Rotala Rotundifolia
Myriophyllum mezianum
christmas moss
Micranthamum umbrosum

Back